Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Older children's mtb
  • fozzyuk

What are people’s older children riding?

Eldest is 10.5 and had been riding an old frame of mine for a couple of years. Carerra fury, with a cut down seat post and u turn forks screwed down.

It’s dead now so I need to replace. I want something he’ll be able to ride capably but that will last a good few years. Had a look at Isla etc that the youngest boys ride, but they look small for his size about 150cm tall.

Looking around 2 to 300 I guess. This intermediate point in the market seems to be a bit sparse. Top end of the frog / Isla limit but most adult frames seem to be quite heavy or are the best part of a grand. Too much to spend until I know how much of a cycling enthusiast he’ll be.

We do the usual pottering around on canals and bridleways but do get off to do some trail centre blues occasionally.

mattg73
    Free Member

My daughter is 11 and about 155cm. She had a frog 70 and after 8 months it was too small for her after a big growth spurt! She sold this and bought a small adult Cube Access with disc brakes. Lovely bike, fairly heavy but she absolutely loves it. It was just under £400.

Good luck.

transporter13
    Free Member

How about searching the bay for xxs/xs/s bikes….it can be surprising how cheap some of them go for

MoreCashThanDash

Second hand xs frame and spares.

My 12 year old got a 16″ Inbred frame for Xmas, hung my old bits of it. This week due to some kind folk on here we have halved the weight of his bar and stem, and he’s grown enough since Xmas to inherit my old layback carbon post, nearly 400g saved, and he is loving tinkering and spannering with me.

At the rate he’s growing, not sure if he needs some lighter XT wheels or an 18″ frame next!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Older children's mtb’ is closed to new replies.