Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Older 28mm RockShox SIDs Vs 32mm – differences
  • Aus
    Free Member

Hi – looking for a set of forks for my old (15 year) Dekerf hardtail. It’s a light build, I’m pretty light (67kg) and the riding is local Kentish singletrack, nothing gnarly! Wanting to keep light. Wanting to stay with RockShox.

Have been offered a nice looking SID fork, but it’s pre 2008 when they were 28mm which had a reputation for flex. But they’re cheaper than 32mm versions and lighter. I have a 32mm pair on t’other bike which are old but work great. Only looking at 80mm travel.

In the real world, will I notice much difference of a slimmer stanchion?

Thanks

claudie

I’ve got an 80mm Sid from about 2002 which was on on a 96 Marin pine mountain until last year – still going stong on my daughter’s bike with very little maintenance. I’m the same weight and live in kent and it’s fine for me

carlosg
    Free Member

I had a ’99 RS Sid on an old carbon I-drive , and I hated it . It flapped about like a wet noodle , however I’m about 35kg heavier than you . The RS Psylo I replaced it with was better(but heavier) .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Older 28mm RockShox SIDs Vs 32mm – differences’ is closed to new replies.