Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old worn out bike bits
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

What do you do with worn out chains and other bike parts, other than chuck them in the bin?

uplink
    Free Member

I usually keep the best example of things as an emergency spare but the rest go straight in the bin

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Seems such a waste, I wonder if I can create some arty masterpiece out of scrape… or a picture frame out of old chains???

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coffeeking
    Free Member

Already exists, so yes you can 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Tyres go to the tip, the rest go into a box in the garage.

I even keep all those bits of new chain you remove to make the chain the right length. I'm sure I've enough to make a whole chain now!

donks
    Free Member

They clog up the garage of course and you keep telling yourself that you will use it one day……

ratherbeintobago

Scrap metal pile at the local recycling centre if it's stuff that's really knackered, like old chains/bent handlebars etc.

Some LBSs (DJ Cycles in Holcombe Brook used to be one – don't know if he still does) will take some scrap bits as they have their own scrap metal collected, but I'd expect that you'd have to a) be buying some stuff from them, and b) not take the piss.

As an aside, I manage to shatter a CF road bike frame (or rather the blue VW Polo that hit me did) & there are companies that will take CF for recycling too – Recycled Carbon Fibre in Dudley said they could recycle a CF frame, but I'd have to deliver to them.

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old worn out bike bits’ is closed to new replies.