Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Old white macbook 13" rubber back
  • Kuco

Anyone got one and need a new back for it? if so i’ve got one thats 1 month old you can have for nothing also got 2 4gb memory chipset to upgrade it to 8gb memory that you can have also. They are parts of my old macbook that I killed when I spilt a mug of coffee over the keyboard and it died about a week later. It’s all going in the weee re-cycling bin at work come tomorrow morning.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Has it been snaffled yet? I’m bored of waiting for Apple to get back to me after logging a warranty claim for this issue so you’d be doing me a big fabout….thanks.

Kuco

No you can have it if you want it. E-mail me your address and i’ll get it in the post to you.

daveowers(at)outlook(dot)com

maccruiskeen

strictly speaking the warrantee / recall has expired for the rubber base replacements, (4 years from the purchase date) but they’ll still do it – it just the policy isn’t current so when you call apple the person you talk to might not know about it, or be able to find out about it. The guy who did mine – I bought one second hand with a gubbed base – had to dig around for quite a while to find the recall/replacement scheme details. You have to pay a deposit (about £50 – £60) to get a new one sent out that gets refunded when you post the dud one back.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks Kuco, you are a Gent. This is one for the thread about decent forum members!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Old white macbook 13" rubber back’ is closed to new replies.