Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Old TV that you find inexplicably watchable
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

I go through cycles of mostly old stuff. Barely watch new stuff. Nostalgic TV, or just a case of watching stuff I’m familiar with, enjoy and isn’t shit.

Though Gold have kind of ruined Fawlty Towers, Porridge and Only Fools. That’s all they show, endlessly.

My usual stuff though…

Any Doctor Who, classic stuff especially.
    A run through seasons of Star Trek (anything, except Enterprise)
    Blackadder I can watch over and over
    Red Dwarf likewise.
    Father Ted

Got me HD Blu Rays of Robin of Sherwood now.

Only new stuff to watch is Game of Thrones and to be honest I’ve got a bit bored of it and can’t be bothered to watch the last season.

willard – Member
    Monkey

Queued up on my NAS to watch. Even has the ones they never showed in UK but got the original Brit dubbing artists to do the voices years later.

Interested in seeing them in original Japanese but I suspect it just won’t have the same charm (and normally I’m not a fan of dubbing).

Coyote
    Free Member

The Sweeny
    Starsky and Hutch
    UFO

richmtb

Magnum PI – the tache, the shirts, the car

Miami Vice – the hair, the suits, the car

Knight Rider – the jacket, the jeans, the car!

Northwind

I love everything about Quincy. My little brother’s an Ironside man. It’s like sharks and jets.

Pretty much all 80s kids TV watched with an adult eye is amazing.

maccruiskeen – Member

I think peak Taggart was an episode with a car chance (a van chase actually) where the good guy and the bad guy were driving vehicles that were the same make, model and colour so you had absolutely no idea what was going one.

Just shows its greatness- 30 years later and Michael Bay spends hundreds of millions of dollars to achieve the same.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Captain Scarlet

The Professionals

+ another

Spaced
    Black Adder
    The Good Life
    ‘Allo ‘Allo!
    (Sorry, has to be 4 for me).

Love them all. Well written old school comedy.

Arguably ‘well written’ doesn’t make them ‘inexplicably watchable’. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Old TV that you find inexplicably watchable’ is closed to new replies.