Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Old Trafford Test (SPOILERS)
  • spawnofyorkshire

Just turned on TMS to listen to Anderson’s double wicket over and now Broad has got another 8 for 4!!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, fairly extraordinary! Choosing to bat seems a bit of a clanger now…

spawnofyorkshire

sounds like Anderson is swinging both ways

edhornby

I thought the first few posts in this thread were a mickey take 🙂 just been looking at the BBC internet feed, it’s definitely swinging

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ll bet the Indians are even more pissed off now that they didn’t manage to stitch Anderson up. When conditions suit he is near-enough unplayable.

Whilst waiting for my lunch from the van on the corner I had the misfortune to read John Etheridge’s two page article in the Sun (yes, I know). This bloke has been covering test cricket for over twenty years. He will have been covering it in the bad ol’ days of West Indies v Australia where the sledging was incessant, cuss-filled and racist. Yet here he is ekeing two pages out of the fact that Anderson swears a lot at the opposition.

I don’t think Anderson is a particularly nice bloke (especially on the field). He has made life uncomfortable for a few new players in his own team by throwing tantrums over mis-fields. He is also petulant in the extreme. According to Etheridge, Anderson said he wanted to ‘punch George Bailey in the face’ last winter. So what? He can’t actually do it on the field and Bailey would have been well within his rights to arrange to meet him later so he could have a try. I imagine Bailey would have decked him anyway.

All this is a distraction – and one the Indians have fallen for.

And he is right in one other way – Dhoni is a fat ****.

theotherjonv

Same by Stephen Brenkley in i

Basically why can’t Jimmy Anderson be more like Brian Statham

Ermmm… because it’s not 1960?

It’s part and parcel of the game, and up to the umpires to decide where the line is and when it gets crossed, to do something about it.

RustySpanner

theotherjonv – Member

I don’t think Anderson is a particularly nice bloke (especially on the field). He has made life uncomfortable for a few new players in his own team by throwing tantrums over mis-fields. He is also petulant in the extreme. According to Etheridge, Anderson said he wanted to ‘punch George Bailey in the face’ last winter. So what? He can’t actually do it on the field and Bailey would have been well within his rights to arrange to meet him later so he could have a try. I imagine Bailey would have decked him anyway.

I hate sledging, it’s just not cricket.
    Oh, hang on……..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bowled Anderson Caught Cook is now the most prolific England Bowler/fielder combination.

Excellent stat methinks

rogermoore

Wouldn’t want to have got 5th day tickets for this one!
    RM.

spawnofyorkshire

there’ll be no play on sunday so may be ok with those 5th day tickets

loving Vaughan’s commentary on the beach ball in the stands

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Old Trafford Test (SPOILERS)’ is closed to new replies.