Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Old T Shirts – just had 'The Conversation '……
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Not if I put cling film over the air holes in his box.

mrsfry? Is that you?

Harry_the_Spider

Just remembered!

I have a box full of unused 2008 vintage Hit The North T-shirts somewhere.

Grey and pink things. Bloody awful.

£20 each including postage.

It was nice of you to let him phone in to Radio2 this morning.

Shit! He’s escaped!

rOcKeTdOg

I have a box full of unused 2008 vintage Hit The North T-shirts somewhere.

Grey and pink things. Bloody awful.

£20 each including postage.

£20 for 2008 t shirts ain’t that bad

Harry_the_Spider

That’s a lot of dusters. I’ll get a picture of Heywood wearing one. I know where he hides when he gets out.

Garry_Lager

They must go.
    Banished to gardening.
    Apparantly, crusty armpits & pinhole burns just don’t cut it in Burnley.
    Who knew?

That actually sounds a bit like a Nige lyric.

Replacing a HMHB T-shirt with a Pele / Moore one…Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead

ScottChegg
    Free Member

T-Shirt?

Burnley?

I know just the thing..

Dark

You’ll be quite the nob in one of them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve still got Nick Heywood locked in a box under the stairs. Not had a response to the ransom note

You might have had more luck with the ransom if you’d kidnapped Nick Heyward instead?

I’d suggest you’ve wasted perfectly good biscuits there.

You don’t have Chesney Hobbes as well do you?

or Mick Kershaw 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Good point. The one I have looks like a Chinese basketball player.

RustySpanner

The cloud base is indeed low over these dark Pennine hills, my friend.

On the upside, I’ve just found an almost unworn 1989 Hawkwind ‘Stonehenge or Bust’ T shirt that nearly fits.
    I’d forgotten about that.
    Bonus.

MrSparkle

You’ve changed, Pete. Quite literally – you used to always wear the SLF one!

RustySpanner

Still got that one.
    😀

Perfect apart from the creosote holes, years of life left yet.
    The perfect technical, yet stylish mid layer.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

The Che Guevara, The Half Man Half Biscuit and the Marvel.

I hope you are under 30, and wearing them as some sort of cool retro look you’ve got going on.

If you are over 30, it might be time to throw away all your ‘cool’ t-shirts and embrace being an adult. 😉

RustySpanner

Why?
    🙂

clodhopper
    Free Member

I’m on a ‘one in, one out’ rule, which covers t-shirts/clothing, bikes, and just about anything really. My wife has literally torn the shirt from my back before now (to be honest, it was more hole than shirt, and only required a gentle tug to finally render it useless as a garment). She does like a well-worn/washed soft cotton t-shirt for me to wear in bed so she can cuddle up to me though. Such a garment takes quite a while to get to such condition. Not all materials are capable of reaching that state.

I don’t fully comply to the aforementioned rule, and live in constant fear of one of her Stalinist purges, which involve quite a bit of arguing, sometimes shouting and stamping of feet, and occasionally lying on the floor kicking and screaming. I’m still sore about that circa 1996 BHS t-shirt she threw away last year. That had plenty of life left in it. 😥

zomersetglider

I’m so glad I’m not alone.

Told my wife I’d have a cull after a discussion

Got rid of 3.

Still recovering from loosing a faithful ROX T shirt from the 90’s.

CountZero

molgrips – Member
    I don’t like tshirts with logos, branding, pictures or designs on. Nice tshirts without these things are really difficult to find

Many others do, who’d a thunk it.
    Fortunately I have nobody to get all Stalinista over my choice of tee shirts, of which I have a great many, most of which are still perfectly wearable, just because I have lots to choose from, and I’ve mostly worn ones to work that don’t matter too much if they get damaged.
    I recently wore one of my original Lush tees to the first gig they’ve played in twenty years, and I have Curve, Metallica and many others dating back to the mid-nineties.
    But then, I recently dug out a couple of pairs of old Levis 501’s from around ’83 that I can still wear…

cbmotorsport – Member
    The Che Guevara, The Half Man Half Biscuit and the Marvel.
    I hope you are under 30, and wearing them as some sort of cool retro look you’ve got going on.

If you are over 30, it might be time to throw away all your ‘cool’ t-shirts and embrace being an adult.
    Well, I recently bought a new HMHB tee at one of their gigs, and you’re running a very, very real risk of coming across like an article from the Daily Mail, which has a tendency to push the idea that anyone over 30 should start wearing slacks and cardigans, listen to jazz, and give up wearing jeans, tees, and listening to rock music.
    Last night I was watching Television play a gig at Bristol Uni, wearing shorts and my pinkshineyultrablast tee shirt, and I’m 62 next month…
    And if you don’t like it, you can suck my socks.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Most of my favourite t shirts are at least 10 years old and still worn. My favourite is about 15 years old and mrsP thinks she threw it out…. I retrieved it from the bin. Hehehehe

scaredypants

I have quite a lot o f t shirts but I mostly wear 3 or 4 on rotation. Not because I like them better – they come out of the washer and sit on the floor and rewearing them is easier than putting them away 😳

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve lost count of the number of t-shirts that have magically disappeared over the years. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but it ever seems to happen when I’m single

integerspin
    Free Member

welding underneath cars every day meant all my clothes were full of burn holes, I always got given T shirts and it wasn’t something that ever bother me.
    But I had a T shirt from When the Norton Hogslayer came to santa Pod, I was very pissed when I realised it had been cut up and a consigned to the rags.

I had a load of T shirts printed in 2003, I sold some but had about 30 left over,
    So that was me sorted for T shirts for some years.

Gary_C

Apparantly, crusty armpits & pinhole burns just don’t cut it in Burnley.

What? That counts as the pinnacle of sartorial elegance in Bonleh.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Old T Shirts – just had 'The Conversation '……’ is closed to new replies.