• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by P20.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • old style yeti 575 good or bad?
  • armo
    Free Member

Ive got a 575 2006 that is as new, but not sure if i want to sell it or not, ive got a xc bike and a freeride bike but this gets left in the garage under a cover as its too pretty to scratch? Should i sell or keep and ride? Anybody had any issues with the old style knuckle frame?
    Cheers
    Armo

rogerdodger
    Free Member

sell it!!! go on you know it makes sense…….I’ll give you a fiver for it……seriously though why don’t you ride it?

spooky_b329

Don’t know about the turquoise ones, but the black ones don’t really scratch. They are anodised, I normally do a good job of adding chips and gouges to bike frames but the only signs of wear are the decals wearing away.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    armo
    Free Member

Its yours for a fiver:-) maybe i need to just enjoy it, i think i prefer a lower cost bike as i seem to have more fun without the worry of damaging it. 🙁

rogerdodger
    Free Member

Life’s too short to worry….anyway – you’ve already got 2 other bikes so whats the harm….if it stays in your garage it’s like a peacock..pretty but useless. Enjoy it..that’s why you bought it, or frame it and hang it on a wall so at least you can admire it everyday!!

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got one of them… I kept meaning to replace it, but there is nothing actually wrong with it – it climbs and descends really well and with a change of components you can build it to do whatever you like (mine has had all sorts over the years – forks from 140-160, triple, double&bash, dual ply high rollers, conti vert pros)

The only issue I had was snapping the swingarm – but that was on its 3rd trip to the alps, and they replaced it under warranty.

I’m currently rebuilding it to be a light weight xc trail bike (to fill the gap between a rocky mountain blizzard and a transition covert).

Long live the (old) 575s, they rock!

Dave

armo
    Free Member

Alphabus: Yeah, I heard about some issues with swingarms but my warranty has now expired 🙁 Its currently built to a light weight long travel (if 140mm is long travel?) xc bike, I think the bike would probably shine at the trail centres so I might give it another shot before I decide what to do. I think it fits in nicely between my 100mm xc bike and my 170mm freeride bike but need to use it more.

rogerdodger: you’re right, stop worrying and ride the thing!!

Thanks for all the replies and I’m gunna give her another go (sounds like a marriage :D)

taxi25
    Free Member

Loved mine untill some barsteward nicked it.
    Deff. go with the lightweight trail build. Even in mint condition a 2006 frame isn’t worth much, use and enjoy.

spooky_b329

A small hijack, if anyone has a ally swingarm spare let me know…i want to replace my flexy carbon one.

P20

Ride it. Mines 5yrs old and I love it. Cracked the original swingarm in the 1st few months, but changed under warranty. It’s minor chips/scratches but still looks good for it age and use.

Yeti 575 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

Still lovin mine. No reason to change it… (until that bloody Transition Covert came along! But I shall resist!)

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

They rock..sold it but wish I never did. I now have a 2010 model….

armo
    Free Member

P20 – Thats the same as mine, was it the carbon swing arm that cracked?

Debz- Resist, I’ve decided thats what I’m doing 😀

Whos daddy- whoa, Awesome pic! You are the daddy 😉 How did it handle the drop as that looks high?

Cheers for the replies

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Thanks but that’s nothing to what some guys on here do.

It was fine, that’s what they are made for. I have no idea how high it was, it’s in the freeride park at Glentress, I did land down by the tree shadow. All good tho, give it a try.

I got £400 for the frame (a 2007 frame with RP23 shock) when I sold it. If you can afford to keep it then do so.

alfabus
    Free Member

the swingarm I snapped was the ally one (it went at the chainstay-dropout weld on the non-drive side), they replaced it with the carbon one which actually looks stronger at that join.

Dave

P20

Yes, mine is the carbon swingarm

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘old style yeti 575 good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts