Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Old Sid XC rear shock service parts?
  • korreka
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a old SID XC rear shock in my Giant Nrs bike and I need seals but there aren´t replacement parts?

Could be suitable parts of the service kits of Ario, Bar or MC3 shocks (can rod wiper, can u-cup seal, etc)?

These shocks are 25 mm (1 “) diameter body too.

teethgrinder

What are the dimensions of the shock? I have a165x38mm vanilla float going cheap.

matt_outandabout

I serviced my old SID XC and it was still a poor shock.
    I bought a looked after, just TFTuned serviced Fox RP23 and it was night and day.
    The fox cost £120 and I ran it for 4 years…

clubber
    Free Member

I wouldn’t waste money on the sid – you can get cheap second hand shocks to suit on here and they’ll be much better.

wwaswas

I think the issue with the NRS frame was that they need a specific type of rear shock that supported the frame in the ‘sweet spot’ for the suspension when sagged by rider weight.

So you need something with either a separate positive and negative air chambers. Fox did make a specific shock for the frame and Giant had their own brand one too.

clubber
    Free Member

They did ideally need one with a dual chamber design to allow it to sit just topped out normally but you could get near enough the same effect with a single chamber design with some decent damping.

I had an NRS without a dual chamber shock FWIW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Old Sid XC rear shock service parts?’ is closed to new replies.