Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old Shoes & Overshoes or Winter Boots?
  • Ladders
    Free Member

Just bought a nice new pair of Sidi shoes, but have been thinking that I’m not really keen on trashing them through winter.

So, do I keep using my old shoes, buy a pair of overshoes like the Endura off-road ones. Or, do I buy something like the Spec Defrosters which seem to be going for ok price if you look around?

Cheers!

john_l
    Free Member

Winter boots. Been there & done that.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

shimano mw 80s boots here there awsome.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lionheart
    Free Member

Did the overshoes, ok, even impressive for warmth and dryness but boots so much less hassle have two pairs of the Shimanos now, the neoprenes good especially if wet and not so cold and the brown (like walking boots) great especially if cold and not so wet – one of my most comfy pairs of footwear on or off the bike. Overshoes don’t last too long either, went through two pairs in three winters before boots.

amplebrew

I’m really bad for having cold feet and have been wearing my MW80’s with Endura MT500 overshoes and Woolie Boolie socks since the beginning of October.

I’d definitely recommend the Woolie Boolie socks.

benji
    Free Member

Winter boots, they are designed for the job, never got on with overshoes, zips break, toes wear out, they leak, and generally end up with cold feet, whereas boots, put them on, snug and warm, and they just work and stay dry and warm.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

wow amplebrew mw80s overshoes and wollie socks ,thought i suffered with cold feet.
    mw 80s and merino socks and i,m happy.

amplebrew

nosaintangel – Member
    wow amplebrew mw80s overshoes and wollie socks ,thought i suffered with cold feet.
    mw 80s and merino socks and i,m happy.

I’ve always suffered with really cold feet and hands. I wear MO88’s until the end of September and then once we hit October, the MW80’s get a dusting off.

The Woolie Boolie’s get worn all year.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

never tried woolie boolie’s .im sure they’d cook me toes in the summer though.

oldnick

Do winter boots keep the water out that runs down your legs (splashes not wee)?

I wear Spesh shoes, are the Spesh boots any good in this regard?

Nobby

never tried woolie boolie’s .im sure they’d cook me toes in the summer though.

That’s what Wooleators are for 🙂

Proper winter boots here too – as has already been said, it’s what they’re designed/made for.

Ladders
    Free Member

Are the defroster any better for having concealed fastenings? Any good full stop?

Shimanos look good, but my current Shimanos Velcro straps got clogged up with mud

MrGreedy

Road = Overshoes
    MTB = Winter boots

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old Shoes & Overshoes or Winter Boots?’ is closed to new replies.