Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Old school SS road bike….done
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Woo hoo finally finished…..onto the next project 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂 SS road is so good, makes mtb feel really easy if you're pushing a hard gear. In a week it feels like I've already got fitter/stronger from riding about 10 miles a day on mine!

oldgit
    Free Member

What gear are you running?

Nice though. Just finished stripping mine down for new paint. And on that subject, does your man get a nice gloss finish with powder coat?
    Edit; I see you found the clips. I'm searching for old style cleats that bolt to modern shoes – keep an eye out, I'd love to use some old Campag pedals I have.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ken_shields
    Free Member

It's 46/16 which seems ok for round MK

The guy I used is based outside Birmingham (I worked up that way at the time) but there are some good powder coaters around Milton Keynes

The clips are DMR chain guide brackets which were exactly the right size for the frame

Olly
    Free Member

what colour was it before you had it painted? it looks just like the GOPPING raleigh i aquired for the same purpose, however mine was flouro green! (eugh)
    it also looks as big as mine, with its monster head tube!

not sure if its too big, if i step down in a hurry, i might damage (ahem) myself, and im 6'5"!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Very nice 😀

You are indeed right, SS rocks

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Fully fully farmgate! It's a good job you put some reasonable sized tyres on there or it might look a bit ridiculous..
    Like it!

ken_shields
    Free Member

It looked like this when I got it and had the worlds heaviest wheels with steel rims. It's a 25" frame I think but I've not measured it to confirm and I'm 6'4" and it feels great to ride

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Old school SS road bike….done’ is closed to new replies.