Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Old RS Revs Fixable?
  • Wiksey
    Free Member

I have some “2008 Revelation 426 Coil U-Turn 85-130mm” on one of my bikes (spare bike so not a lot of use) and after years of little use but lots of neglect they are now stopping mid travel with a clunk (metal on metal). There are signs of oil leak too.
    Does this sound terminal or do they need to visit someone for a bit of much overdue TLC?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can’t be any more than a new spring and a service at worst.
    That said, it’s probably the old oil leak into the lowers that’s stopping the travel which a service and seals will sort anyway.
    They were bloody good forks. If they’re not worn in the stanchions I’d get them sorted if I were you.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sounds like it needs a service. The O ring at the bottom of the damper shaft has failed and the oil is now in your lowers. The clunk is the hydraulic lockout caused by the excess oil.

If they are old its a relatively easy job for the home mechanic rather.

Wiksey
    Free Member

They’ve been brilliant forks and I would have been sad to see them go, so this is sounding positive, thanks guys.

Is TFTuned still the best place to send them off to?

nedrapier

And if they are worn on the stanchions (mine are), apparently RSF in Plymouth do a good job of replacing them.

I asked about them on here the other day:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-used-rsf-for-servicerepair-in-plymouth

Wiksey
    Free Member

nedrapier – Thanks for the tip, I’ll get them off the bike soon and give them a good clean before deciding where to send them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Old RS Revs Fixable?’ is closed to new replies.