Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Old question – full suspension or hardtail
  • nicksr
    Free Member

Hi guys

I’ve been looking for a new bike, currently riding a gt hardtail which tbh is not great.

I looked at the cube ltd range and was impressed with the kit, ut I’m not sure if another hardtail is my best option. In terms of full sussers, the Marin rift zone xc7 29er (2013) seems decent value and reads ok.

I mainly ride local trails, normally quite hard. Red routes at trail centres etc.

And, I suffer with a dodgy back if that makes any difference.

Is a full susser going to treat me better and worth the extra £££’s, appreciate your input plus any bike recommendations (budget 1200 max)

Thanks

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I went through a similar process recently and was massively advised to get a Giant Anthem. Paul’s cycles have some at killer prices.

lightning
    Free Member

I bought a Cube LTD last year, great bike.

However l soon swapped it for a full susser. I did not see any disadvantage, as l can lock out the rear shock anyway, effectively turning it into a hardtail.

Sure it is a bit heavier, but l cannot say l noticed much difference on climbing, and there is a LOT of that where l live near to the Peak District.

In fact it’s 750 feet of climbing from my house as the start of every ride that l do. Just did it tonight in fact.

andcarson
    Free Member

Nicksr I’m flogging a lovely Norco 29er full suss, well within your budget. Depends how tall you are though:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-norco-fluid-91-xl-frame-29er-price-drop-and-open-for-a-haggle-1

Sorry for the hijack! Email if interested in my profile

swanny853

Best bet is to try some (shops, demo days, friends) if possible.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Old question – full suspension or hardtail’ is closed to new replies.