Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Old Passat estates – anybody got one?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Lets see some pics 😉

geoffj

Depends what you call old. 05 2.0l petrol here. Had it since new and its never missed a beat. You buying another vehicle?

khani
    Free Member

Igmc…..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mines a 51 plate 130tdi with 207K on it, no pics though unless you demand some.

cynic-al
    Free Member

mcmoonter loved his til it blew up in France – after about 400,000,000 miles.

Is the van borked?

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have a 1998 R reg 110 red i estate with 173,000 on the clock going strong and clean. Body work is starting to corrode on tailgate beneath glass apperture and windscreen corner of aperture and finally MTB injury to it consisting of corrosion on roof at the area surrounding the centre mount points of the roof rails from where I have cranked up the Thule bars when carrying three plus bikes/heavy roof box.
    Past year had to have new clutch and exhaust as the originals had all worn out, still not bad as I think its got another 50,000 before the corrosion sees it off.

expiscator
    Free Member

No, but seriously tempted.
    That one in the classifieds is bloody lorvley

druidh
    Free Member

Ooh – there’s one n the Classifieds?? 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Not really old by those standards but I’ve got a B6 on an ’07 plate with about 85,000 miles. It’s a Tdi and I get about 43 mpg regularly and can get this up into the 50s on a long run if I’m careful. Can easily get three people and three bikes inside and have had two adults/two kids and four bikes inside once.

It has been 100% reliable, unlike the A4 I had before. It’s bigger than an A4, costs much less and just as well built. The only fault has been the usual uneven rear tyre wear and noise, which I don’t expect VW will have tackled in the B7, which I’m expecting to be delivered in a month or two.This one will come with a heated windscreen, which excites me because I have wasted so much of my life scraping ice off my windows!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Old Passat estates – anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.