Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old pace fork question circa 99/2000
  • bella
    Free Member

Servicing an old set of pace forks for a mate. Spring in right fork leg (looking from front) and damper plus negative air spring in the left.

Question 1

Any idea what year they are?

Queation 2

Any idea how much oil goes in the damper?

Bonus question

Why the **** can’t I get the damper out (have removed the cerclip)?

Answers on a postcard and if you copy then you are only cheating yourself!

slackalice
    Free Member

Personally, without a pic or a bit more info, I cant help with ID.

They could be RC 36 EVO 2 0r 3 from those years. IIRC, at the top of the left slider, just below the crown/leg clamp, there will be a serial number etched into the slider. Make a note and either search the Pace/DT Swiss site or call them. I think they have downloadable service manuals too.

Hope that’s of some use for ya 😀

bigrich

do they look like this? if so, them feeling like theres no air and they’re not working means you’ve got them set up correctly.

bella
    Free Member

They look like the chaps. They feel fairly plush as just cleaned out (No damping currently) so will doubtless bugger about with them until they are as you recommend.

Cheers people.

daveh
    Free Member

iirc air came in in 1999. I think the easiest way to ‘age’ them is the fork brace.

DickBarton

The damper may be goosed, the ‘something’ valve in the oil damper would split/blow without much effort and would need replaced…can’t remember the name of it as I have a set (EVO III from 2000) that need a service…PAce have said they can do a complete overhaul for £90 (including replacing the innards if need be), but I also need a longer steerer and I think all-in it is about £140 – but I need to find £140 to get them done!

When I finally do, they’ll be going back on the RC-200 they came off of in 2004 when they failed!

Can’t recall how the damper is removed, from memory I don’t think it is user-serviceable (can’t remember why I think that though)…the removal of everything else is very straightforward, but I was never able to get the damper cartridge out…

bella
    Free Member

Thanks again people. Keep it coming if anyone kows how to open the damper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old pace fork question circa 99/2000’ is closed to new replies.