Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old Orange P7 fork info needed
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

A mate has a very old Orange P7 that he'd like to resurrect for winter duties. It needs a new fork – did Orange always use 1 1/8" steerers or were early ones 1"?

adam1330
    Free Member

How old is old? I've got an an early/mid 90's P7, when they did the Nickel plated frames, and although I'm not sure of the steerer, I can measure the old rigid fork (F7?) from it for you later on tonight if you want?

fbk
    Free Member

My old Prestige ('93) has a 1" steerer but I think they changed to 1 1/8" when the name changed to P7.

Could be wrong though!

chrisd
    Free Member

Can't you just look at it?
    Most older ones are threaded, though.

drew

I had an early 1996 P7 with cantis and that definately had a 1" steerer.

Andy

'93 P7 with a 1" steerer in the loft here

oxym0r0n

'96 P7 here with a 1" steerer originally nickel plated, I think they changed to 1 1/8 year or 2 later – I had a blue one at the time.

Does the frame have a canti hanger on the back? How is is painted? Does the formk have a threaded steerer?

Or can't you just compare the steerer tube to an 1 1/8 frame/fork?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I'll have a word with my mate and get him to take it apart. I thought it might be an easy one to answer but obviously not 🙁

Can you still get 1" steerer suspension forks?

jonk

Ask over on retrobike.co.uk someone might have what you need.

fbk
    Free Member

Oops. I was wrong then!

I've got some old Pace pro class forks with a 1" threaded steerer I really should sell if your mate wants the retro look.
    Email's in my profile if you're interested 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

94 P7 here witha 1 1/8" steerer?!?

Gary_M
    Free Member

96 p7 here and it's a pain in the arse 1inch steerer. Still got the original rc36 forks that I can meaning to get rebuilt and a rigid pace fork.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I've got a P7 (sadly cracked at the rear wishbone) from I think around 1995-6 with a 1 inch head tube.

My LBS has a dusty but unused pair of original 1 inch threaded P7 forks in stock if you fancy going fully old school.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old Orange P7 fork info needed’ is closed to new replies.