Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Old Mountain Biking Haunts
  • SaxonRider

When I first really got into MTBing, I was living in the Canadian Northwest, about 150kms a small city called Prince Albert.

I rode weekly with a group of people based out of the local bike shop, which, like most Canadian bike shops, was a ski shop for half of the year.

In any case, I was just thinking about where we used to ride, and what it looks like at this time of year. What old haunts do you fondly look back on?

Little Red River Park, Saskatchewan:

duncancallum

Not that good.

I used to live in Formby cycles n ride in the woods

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to ride in Mortimer forest. We used to love descending on the fire road cos it was fast and fun. Not many people ride there now since they developed trails on the other side of the road.

I do however look back fondly on riding in Finland, and I experience real sadness each winter … 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Salisbury Plain
    The Plantations
    Bula hats for slalom markers, isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

andyrm
    Free Member

I grew up in Luton – we used to ride to Rowney Warren (what is now Chicksands Bike Park) every week, razz round all day and then ride back. Oh to be young again haha!!

Went back a couple of years ago (so 20 years later) and found a couple of the old trails – amazing how what used to be a technical trail is now dead easy on a modern bike 🙂

SaxonRider

I’m with you entirely in terms of winter, molgrips.

Pics please, if possible, from the rest of you…

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to going back to some of my old haunts around the South Downs at some point this year, haven’t been back since I started riding again. QECP was a favourite and then out either side on the sdw

andyrm
    Free Member

[Img]http://www.visitshefford.co.uk/see/images/rowney-warren-800.jpg[/IMG]

molgrips
    Free Member

Here you go SaxonRider – pic from my mate’s blog:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Old Mountain Biking Haunts’ is closed to new replies.