Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Old man technology question.
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So my son wants a Novation Launchpad. Well that’s great I van kind of work out what it is. But It seems it is not a stand alone device, I don’t think. Anyone know what I need and what for?
    It’s all going so fast nowadays!

disco_stu
    Free Member

You get a cut down version of Ableton with the Launchpads to get you going so as long as you have a Pc or laptop to install this on then you should be good to go.
    You may need a soundcard for this but I’d try installing Asio4all drivers on your your Pc/laptop first before going doing this route to see if existing soundcard can be used.

simon_g

Yep, it’s really just a special controller for the Ableton Live software – I’m guessing if he wants a Launchpad he’s at least had a look at it before. As said, you do get a really cut-down version with it that’s enough to get started. You can pay to upgrade to a better version later.

It’s not hugely resource hungry, just needs:

Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 or later, or PC with Windows 7/8/10; multicore processor; 4 GB RAM; 1024×768 display; Broadband internet connection for installation; 3GB free disk space

Which any Windows or Mac computer from the last 4 or 5 years should manage fine.

simon_g

Also, has it really been over 6 years since this video? 😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA[/video]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh! Nice thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Old man technology question.’ is closed to new replies.