Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Old Laptop
  • mildred

Any market for old laptops?

I’ve got an old Packard Bell laptop that was no longer supported by Microsoft. I’ve installed the latest lubuntu Linux OS and it seems to fly. However, what should I do with it now? Charity shops are totally disinterested and I’ve no idea what it’s worth to EBay.

Unfortunately no room for it as we’ve just sold the house & paying for stuff to go into storage.

ulysse
    Free Member

Ebay, quid start, realistic postage, let the market decide…

Cougar

Cex / Cash Converters type place?

jambalaya
    Free Member

eBay and just sell it for whatever it goes for. I put an old 19″ monitor on gumtree for £25 and had zero interest 😐

GrahamS

I find the local Facebook Buy & Sell group is better than eBay/Gumtree for getting shot of stuff these days.

Costs nowt and no hassle with postage/delivery/paypal because they just pop round to collect it and pay cash in hand.

skids
    Free Member

If it came with Windows XP or Vista it’s probably just about worthless, I have an XP packard bell laptop, I can’t even sell the HDD because it’s not SATA

Cougar

You’d never have sold it last month. People beware the IDEs of March.

xora

Ebay quid start is best option, Packard Bell was worthless the day it was bought. Horrible horrible machines. Surprised its still working actually!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

You’d never have sold it last month. People beware the IDEs of March.

😆

mildred

Thanks everyone – I’m surprised there aren’t any tech-charities out there, there must be tims if stuff gathering dust like this.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Google “computers for charities” there are hundreds out there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Old Laptop’ is closed to new replies.