Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Old Hope XC hubs, anyone laced a 29" rim ? Issues ? Recommendations ?
  • loughor
    Free Member

Thnx in advance … any reason to not use old XC hubs with 29″ rims ? I’m pretty sure new axles and stuff are no issue (currently 26″ and 9mm axle), anybody care to share wisdom, experience ?

D0NK

I recently built up a hope xc/700c wheel, no problems.

for my cx, done a few hundred miles all fine so far.

Can’t see what issues you would have tbh. The hub may not be make best use of the space it has, narrower flanges so a little less spoke triangulation(?), but bearing life will probably be better than more modern stuff.

loughor
    Free Member

Yeah, i thought as much, cheers Donk. Great hubs, new bearings been in a while. What rim did you use, out of curiosity / nosiness ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    D0NK

stans 340 disc, found one cheap(ish)
    dt swiss comp 286/288 iirc, ali nipples (remains to be seen whether that was a wise choice) from Rose.
    setup tubeless.
    Front only so far, wondering about doing the matching rear hub aswell but worried about availability of drive rings, which last I heard was zero

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Hope XC front and rear with H+S Archetypes, no issues. I think you’re correct about the drive rings D0NK.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of pairs of 29er wheels built up using Hope XC hubs. They’ve been bomb proof for laden off road touring on my Fargo and bike packing on my El Mariachi. Easily as durable as any modern offerings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Old Hope XC hubs, anyone laced a 29" rim ? Issues ? Recommendations ?’ is closed to new replies.