Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old film cameras
  • mjb

Just been having a clearout and found my old film SLR and some films. Is there anything useful I can do with or is it off to the tip? Nothing special by the way so i doubt it has any value on ebay.

blurty

If the lenses are good quality you might be able to ebay them. Camera bodies go for peanuts though.

PePPeR

Depends on the cameras, what you got? Anything nice and interesting?

alexonabike

I love film cameras! tell us what you have and I might be able to save them from the tip and supply you with a few measly beer tokens!

ourmaninthenorth

And there was me about to break mine out into use again….

(Gonna order some nice grainy fast B&W film and make some more terrible photos)

weare138
    Free Member

I took my old kit to the camera shop in town and he said its pretty much worthless , I’ve got an old canon eos kit and a mimaya. The light proofing sponge has gone on the film door, it can be replaced but not by me.
    Shame really, I got my money back on the canon with freelancing but the mimaya didn’t get much use :-/

PePPeR

The EOS lenses can still be used on the new stuff which is brilliant!

kcal

I flogged off mine, and my dads old SLRs. Got peanuts really for them – plus lenses – but they did sell and I reckoned I owed it to him to at least get them into circulation..

Canon AE-1 and a Minolta.

mjb

Nothing exciting I’m afraid, only an old Pentax MZ-10 with kit lens (I still use the good lenses on my digital). Would the films still be any good (mix of Kodachrome, Sensia and Ilford)? Probably about 8 years old!

Seriously though if its any use to anyone I don’t mind sticking it in the post, hate to through stuff away.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I flogged my dad’s old SLR with 3 lenses, all Pentax, for £180 on ebay, so worth a look!

kcal

mjb – just do it. Worst that can happen is they don’t sell and you take ’em to the charity shop.

Actually – worst that can happen is you sell them for £0.99 and postage barely covers costs 🙂

Would have thought film must be out of date. However I think I bunged that up on the bay, with “out of date” marked and still sold…

bigyinn
    Free Member

My old Pentax Super A camera is just sat in a camera bag, with all my old film cameras.
    I think I’ve got a Practica MTL5, a Pentax P50 and the Super A. All manual focus film cameras. Shame as they all still work and served me well, but film as a format is largely dead now.

bigblackshed

Photography students maybe interested. My boy has to do a selection from film for his course.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old film cameras’ is closed to new replies.