Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Old Farts Exmoor Safari – The Return .Any interest at all ?
  • oldfart

Just wondering if anyone would fancy doing this gain this Summer ?Not got a date in mind yet just seeing what the vibe is .Previous efforts have been well attended , let me know if you are interested .Basically it’s start in Minehead warm up to Dunster up Grabbist along to Wooton Courtenay across Dunkery either hard or easy(ish) .Stoke Pero downhill to Horner for Cream Tea .Selworthy Beacon and sweet D/H down North Hill to Minehead for fish n chips (optional of course!)on the beach to finish .
    I’m ok to do it on my own if no interest don’t feel obliged i have had some interest verbally . Would be good to see some familiar faces as it’s been a while newcomers welcomed as well i don’t bite ! 😯

judderman
    Free Member

+ 1 for the cream tea

pedalhead
    Free Member

ooh yes I remember the cream tea well from last year. I also remember the filthy conditions!! great ride.

nacho
    Free Member

As a newbie (ish) to STW if the date works I would like to come along, not ridden Exmoor before and live near Exeter (a crime I know)

azarat
    Free Member

Sounds good to me.

crispybacon
    Free Member

If I’m free I’d like to join the party 😀

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’m interested depending on dates.

yunki
    Free Member

I’d be interested if I’m free…

I seem to remember getting halfway up the M5 to attend one of these last year sometime.. when I noticed that yunki Jr was asleep in his baby seat in the back of the car..

I’d forgotten to drop him to grandma’s..

bitemebryn
    Free Member

I’m in, date dependant of course. 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

I like the idea OF, really enjoyed the previous one (s?). Will depend on date and probably how many miles I’ve driven that week! Abx

Anna-B
    Free Member

filthy conditions

Oh yeah! funnily, I’d forgotten! I’ve now just remembered trying to cycle over that field 😯

judderman
    Free Member

ha ‘that field’ its all coming back to me now…….

mr-brightside
    Free Member

sounds good i might be up for it as its local & ive never rode there before.

rainbow
    Free Member

I am interested and count me in please.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden my mtb in ages (new baby) so am itching for an Exmoor all-dayer. I’m on board.

knottie8
    Free Member

I would very much like to partake in some Exmoor fun with you .

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’d like to come along, date dependent, obviously.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the safari you ran a couple of years back so circumstances permitting … Yes. Pick a date and I will see what I can do. But can we go to pickwicks in Selworthy for cake?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Will he moan as much as he did when he came on the Mendip ride?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

He’s always like that if he’s forced to skip his fry-up lunch 😉 You have to confess, it was an especially wet and muddy winter ride. My mate Martin was miserable too, but the Mendip regulars enjoyed it. And if Chipps and his Mrs weren’t enjoying themselves, they were extremely polite about it!

knottie8
    Free Member

“Will he moan as much as he did when he came on the Mendip ride”

Roland ? Moan ?

bobsoff2
    Free Member

+1 here Sausage Jockey, 😉 As long as the date works..
    Trust you’ve recovered from the Bike ‘n’ hike from the beach at the
    w/end ????

oldfart

S.O apologies matey will try and cheer up this time promise ! :roll:looks like a good response so far .bob had to larf the van has a cartoon dog down the side pulling a trail of sausages behind him !!!!and no i’m still suffering !couldn’t find the legs to ride after work yesterday or today !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ah yes, Roland’s new moniker: Sausage Jockey 😆

bobsoff2
    Free Member

O/F, you are obviously working too hard!!! 😆

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Oh, go on then SJ!

Love to depending on date/work 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

if sponging machine is in then it’d be rude for me not to go…date dependant I’m in too.

fadda

Would love to actually meet some of the people on here. On that basis, i’m in!

fadda

Would love to actually meet some of the people on here. On that basis, i’m in!

saladdodger
    Free Member

SJ

Chalk me in

rainbow
    Free Member

Is this still on?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Old Farts Exmoor Safari – The Return .Any interest at all ?’ is closed to new replies.