Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Old Farts Easter Exmoor Parade .Official Details !
  • oldfart

Right then boys and girls as it's less than 2 weeks away here's a heads up .Public car park next to Mc Donalds Minehead Saturday April 3rd .930 for a 10 am roll out .I f you were there last summer you'll remember a cracking day .So more of the same .Slog to Dunkery can be left out if you want .Keep in the fun bits Stoke Pero descent to Horner Water .Going to add a bit of a climb up Grannys to take in more sweet descending .Eats at the tea garden at Horner(she'll be open weather permitting ) .Sublime singletrack from Selworthy Beacon down North Hill to finish .Oh and an option of fish n chips on the beach at the end .Sound ok ?If so stick yer name down need to warn the tea garden lady how many roughly to expect .
    So come along and say cheerio to the old bugger before he sets off for 5 months of hell in Whistler ! 😀

judderman
    Free Member

Judsey 😀
    Pikey 😯

crispybacon
    Free Member

I'll have a crispy bacon roll with clotted cream please 😆

saladdodger
    Free Member

bugger no can do 🙁

knottie8
    Free Member

i'll be there

pedalhead
    Free Member

I've got a freedom pass that day and have been wondering where to ride. This sounds like fun, albeit quite a hike from oxon, but then that's why alarm clocks (and children) were invented. I wonder if it's mad to try and drive that far on a bank holiday. Hmm

rOcKeTdOg

just realised this is the easter W/E, i might have other plans and as said above M5 from Worcs to there on a BH doesn't appeal much 😕

Dibbs
    Free Member

I'll be there 🙂

oldfart

What happened Andy ?
    BTW think you ought to stay away from Weacombe .Got the hex on you mate ! 8)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yep, I'll be there, transport permitting. 😆

lyons
    Free Member

I may fancy coming… How far will it be?

oldfart

About 20 ish miles .

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's quite hilly, but the pace is very sociable with no one left behind or make to feel awkward. Last summer's STW Exmoor Safari was my favourite group ride of the year.

I'm keen. Depends on the bird and her plans for Easter.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Every time you post about this, I have to balance the moral scales against leaving someone who's flown around the world to see me. It's a close run thing 😳

lyons
    Free Member

Cool sounds like a reasonable length ride… I'll have to decide nearer the time…

oldfart

Rich how long is your visitor here for ? It's only a day and you don't have to stay for fish n chips . 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

Think I'll be able to come FW. Will you make the cakes?

peteimpreza

Hmmmmmm Easter Saturday. Thinks.

Ah yes, I will wave from the top of Skiddaw. Wave back!

It's a bugger having friends in the Lakes. 8)

Have fun everyone.

oldfart

AB thats great .
    Who's FW ?
    Free Willy ? x

guybe
    Free Member

I could be up for this ride weather permitting

cinnamon_girl

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    Yep, I'll be there, transport permitting.

Your carriage awaits Sir. Sorry it will be a bit grubby but it's an mtb'ers wagon 🙄

Edit: oldfart – you don't mind an old Swinley scumbag coming do you? 😉

oldfart

Elaine always welcome and yes you can bring an old Swinley scumbag as well . 8)

Andy

Think will struggle to make this bro. 😥 Will let you know closer too.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Right, decided I'll brave the traffic & leave at the crack of dawn. See you there 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

OF you know I went tubeless well I slashed my sidewall open on something

Nobby Nicks are a bit thin on the sidewalls

I will have revenge on weacombe 😈 at least it was after the gate

Dibbs
    Free Member

Andy's new bike:-

cinnamon_girl

oldfart – I will be bringing "the new girl" 😀

Andy – bad luck but hope you won't be working or anything silly like that!

Can we have a "what tyre for Exmoor" thread please? I'm sort of not using tubeless now so as I can be a tyre tart 🙄 Wimmin's logic innit?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'm still on. Whereabouts in Minehead is McDonalds?

saladdodger
    Free Member

CG bad news I am working on our soap making enterprise ( 6 day weeks for me and I am knackered), so only available to play on sundays

aleigh
    Free Member

i'll be there – mr fart is buying my lunch 😆

oldfart

Lol @ Dibbs .Andy will be getting an inferiority complex if your not careful . 😀
    Sponging Machine .Coming along the A39 after Dunster turn right at the 1st roundabout .Think it's signposted seafront .Mc Ds along that road on left hand side .Pay n display car park next to Mc Ds own .Cheapest for all day parking .
    Aleigh your on providing you promise to leave my legs alone at Brechfa ! 😯
    Andy 'twould be good if you could make it little bro .It's been a while . 😥

oldfart

Elaine looking forward to meeting the "new girl " !
    What tyres ? I tend to go for round rubber ones !!!!
    Sorry .What is this tubeless faff nonsense ?Get some High Rollers and tubes , slime 'em jobs a good 'un etc .

judderman
    Free Member

think i'll bring cake!

azarat
    Free Member

Still planning on coming. Lived in Minehead for a couple of years, so it should be good to see the old place again.

oldfart

Think i'll send this back up the charts in case anyone else wants to join in .

knottie8
    Free Member

cream teas , chips on the beach ?

oldfart

aaaawwwww yessss !
    hey mr k have a look at the retrotastic thread ,check out the vids then see if you agree with my comments .

oldfart

Btw Anna mentioned FW making the cakes .Any idea who FW is ?

knottie8
    Free Member

Anna always brings cakes (hope she gets the hint).

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cakes you say? The odds of me putting in an appearance have just shot up :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Old Farts Easter Exmoor Parade .Official Details !’ is closed to new replies.