Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Old Fart's thank you speech.(hankies at the ready)
  • oldfart

As i'm sad enough to keep a diary i've been looking back over the year .From the low point for me at the start of the year with health probs to where i am now a bit more Mr Happy .(Though Andy Wrigley may disagree ! )I have done 21 group rides in conditions ranging from dry, dusty , deep blue summer skies to monsoon conditions at Swinley to todays ice ice baby on the Purbecks.
    I've been overwhelmed with the generosity of STW folk inviting this strange bloke from wurzel central into their homes .The warmth of welcome like i've known some of you for years has stood out as well .You are all too numerous to mention because if i tried i'm sure i would leave someone out unintentionally !So once again a huge thank you one and all and here's too many many more in the future !

nedrapier

Aaaah! I've not met you, but it's been close call on a couple of those rides. Sounds like your experiencing a case of getting out what you put in!

I've always thought there's a great bunch on here, and I look forward finding out first hand before too long.

Glad you had a good year,

Ed

sharki
    Free Member

Awww! got me all welling up tonight now…

Of course that's mostly because my emotions are in tatters at watching dirty dancing alone *sniffs* and the tragic tw*t factor result.

bonzodog
    Free Member

oldfart, I dont know you, but I think its ace that youve took the time to say your thanks.

cinnamon_girl

Well Mr YoungFart, I'm having to wipe a tear from my eye 😥

It has been a pleasure to have known you and I honestly believe mountain bikers are a really decent bunch of people (and I'm pretty much an old cynic).

You led a terrific Exmoor Safari, you know where to get a decent cream tea and you're always chirpy! We will miss you but know you will be back.

OK, before you go how about a weekend at CG Towers with the gang? Riding at Swinley followed by booze-induced entertainment in the evening. Might even get the North Shore back on the driveway for playtime 8)

jedi

high 5 fella

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

donkey botherer. Nice to me you though. 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

I look forward top meeting you

I was due to come top the exmoor trip help in the biblical rain of this last month. Couldn't make it and feeling like I missed a good ride! Look forward to the next call to SPuDs in the not too distant future….hopefully

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[high five]

oldfart

CG Terrific idea ! So many offers to ride better make a start in the New Year !

judderman
    Free Member

recon u been on that mulled wine already 🙄

oldfart

sober as a judge jd !
    (do you drink jd and coke btw ? )not offering mind !

soma_rich
    Free Member

Hopefully I will have a bigger home in the New Year and will deffinatly having a SSD ride/meal/party/house warming 🙂 you are definatly invited Mr Fart 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Always chirpy?!

You missed the recent Mendip ride then CG. All he did was whine continuously!

CandoDave had to tell him to shut up and get on with it!
    🙄

TheSlider
    Free Member

Here wait a minute. Did I miss something ? Are you giving up riding or something or just dying ?

Andy

At least its not a rant I suppose 🙄

OF in normal mode…… 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

He was only whining about missing his cooked breakfast at Lillypool Cafe. I think Dave's route deliberately avoided it 🙂 Apart from it being a bit hard-going, having ridden the Q's the previous day, it was fun!

oldfart

Well done Andy knew you wouldn't let me down !

oldfart

SO not quite continuously !By the half way point i was into it and actually was glad i completed it !

Andy

Cant get over your wicked cackle yesterday when I exclaimed chainsuck!

Mindyou little bro, we have done some great rides this year!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ah, oldart! Meeting you has been part of the "people high lights" of my year, and yesterday was a top way to finish it.

LvAbx

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Sorry Oldfart, forgot to say goodbye at the ferry yesterday. Great ride tho and looking forward to the next one.

oldfart

The Slider neither just recalling a great year roll on next (though i will be indisposed for a while ! )
    Andy twas a cackle and a half indeed ! Great rides good times .
    AB shucks hunni what can i say ?Same goes for me .LvOFx.
    Gaz no bother mate wasn't best of time for long goodbyes anyhoo !

RichPenny
    Free Member

I was way more grumpy than you on the Mendips ride Old Fart. Mind, I had forgotten that bikes had to be ridden uphill and spent ages looking for the lifts!

judderman
    Free Member

yes OF i do drink JD. in fact im having one now but straight, dont want no coke watering it down! merry christmas & hopefully see you on the trails next year.

oldfart

yeah you'll see me no doubt certainly won't have any trouble catching me !

lowey

Brilliant story. Nice one mate.. have a great Christmas and hoping your biking is even better next year.

oldfart

Rich Penny rules the climbs !!!!

oldfart

cheers lowey same to you as well .next year should be even better spending 5 months in whistler fingers crossed !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

When exactly are you going? A farewell ride/drinky?

charliedontsurf

Good on ya. It's been a pleasure.

(Crispy purbecks if you got up early and super sticky by midday)

oldfart

buzz beginning of may
    charlie spot on !

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Old Fart's thank you speech.(hankies at the ready)’ is closed to new replies.