Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Old Fart / Chipps /Quantocks REMINDER (next saturday )
  • oldfart

Right then boys and girls .My erstwhile colleague Mr Knott has forwarded me his evil plan (sorry i meant route ! )for next weeks shenaningans .So if you are coming lets be all ready to rock and roll by 10 am AT THE VERY LATEST !!!!From Crowcombe Park Gate car park.
    Mind you a word of warning i was down there yesterday and a more appropriate weapon of choice could well be something with a rudder !!!!It is indeed fair to say t'was a tad damp 😯

peteimpreza

Rudder purchased, see you next week.

johnners
    Free Member

a more appropriate weapon of choice could well be something with a rudder !!!!

This may not be the best time for a group ride up there then?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It will be fine, just a lot of lying water.

I have F&R mudguards fitted 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

johnners
    It may not be the best time but when is ? Its oldfarts birthday ride and the foul weather wont spoil it for me. I was up there yesterday and got soaked and frozen . By the way Buzz I had mudguards too. I may knock up one of them there fork/flap type thingies too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"I may knock up one of them there fork/flap type thingies too."

Good plan; I'll do the same. Saves getting cr@p in your eyes.

johnners
    Free Member

I'm sure mudguards will make it more comfortable for you all but that's not what I'm alluding to.

The Quantocks are pretty resilient, but I've seldom seen it as wet up there as lately. I know it's not going to be a welcome point of view but I think taking a large group up there to inflict concentrated damage on your chosen trails is a bad idea.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Water wings & rudder on order 😉

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone & having a fun ride on the Q's once again.

knottie8
    Free Member

I have choosen a route that should hold up ok and leave little impact.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Another "Word of advice"…
    Was up there yesrerday as well>>> Check ure brake pads !!
    Bloody Q/Tox have eaten mine in 2 rides..
    Now I know I brake too much, and a certain Mr Barnes 😡 will say "you've not bedded them in properly" but .. BE WARNED, the Quantocks will eat your pads !!!!!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

johnners, are u really that concerned ? Or r u just making some sort of a "Eco" statement that really means "Jack Shit" and trying to provoke some sort of reaction.. 😆 ???
    Just get out and ride !!!

oldfart

Thought i'd bump this up as apparently some of you spend time on here while you are at work !!!! 😆

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Would anyone have a Post code for the meeting place?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Crowcombe Park Gate car park

Remind me cos I'm hopeless with placenames: That's the one up on the top in the middle, right?

Actually, is it the the one where we all met up last time (in March?)

crispybacon
    Free Member

Actually, is it the the one where we all met up last time (in March?)

Yes it is the one from the last meet.

johnners
    Free Member

johnners, are u really that concerned ? Or r u just making some sort of a "Eco" statement that really means "Jack Shit" and trying to provoke some sort of reaction.. ???

Yes. No.

knottie8
    Free Member

I will post up a map later.

knottie8
    Free Member

charlierevell
    Free Member

Yey! This is tomorrow morning and I cant wait to get out again!!!

The Kind people at Ralph Colmans (Me, Ian and Baz) have got a bit of food for you all and also a free tube if you pop by the shop on the way home with one of the vouchers i'll be carrying.
    Could prove VERY useful for the second days riding if your heading to the Mendips!!!
    I'll also do you all 10% off in the shop if you bring said voucher in!

So basically, look out for me (on a White Whyte) and ask for ride shots and a tube voucher!

Not trying to plug the shop, just supporting the ride like we did last time.

See you all in the Morning!

SHARKI – Your bikes fixed(ish) and good to go for the morning, let me know when you want it.
    PAUL – Im getting a lift up to lyd hill for 9 so will see you a CCooooombe

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Charlie, will be up at same(9ish) with Pc Andy Davis and Co..
    See u there,

DezB
    Free Member

Wish I coulda come, but got bathroom tiling in the day and Xmas party evening 🙁

sharki
    Free Member

Cheers Charlie.

I'm still struggling in off loading the kids for the day, my parents are not sure and won't know till later this evening.

If i don't see you in the morning have fun with the ride.

BTW, return of the stump is clear of fallen trees and the chimney and dells is also clear should the group have the energy/light for a final 40min loop.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Looking forward to it bob…. are you riding with this rowdy rabble?
    If you do Sharki, just let me know. Can probly get your bike bits up to lyd hill at 9 with me if nec!

saladdodger
    Free Member

I hope we will not be going through any water cos you know I have stability issues with streams

Where can I get a pair of spd waders from for tomorrow

knottie8
    Free Member

I still have no idea how many are going to turn up !

sharki
    Free Member

it rained really hard here east of the hills, but this morning looks at least clear.

hope you have a cracker.

knottie8
    Free Member

its looking great from my side of the Qs too but bbc show monsoon at 15.oohrs. Im stuffing my self with toast and coffee before heading up there. Pics later.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

toast – snap

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ahh warm and dry!!!

knottie8
    Free Member

another top notch ride with some great company , im just sorting through the few (200+) pics I took then I'll put a new thread up.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ended up doing 26.6 miles (glad I missed out the last loop, I got awful cramp on the way home). Good ride though, thanks chaps.
    BTW, Chipps/Charlie did you 705 elevation trace go haywire as soon as it started raining? When I got home mine said I was about 1100ft above my house 🙁

peteimpreza

Thanks again for leading us around Knottie. I had a great time despite the puncture on the way back to the car park. Walked the last half mile.

oldfart

I'm now warm and dry !Buzz early indications are that my BRAND NEW Hope pads don't have enough meat left on em for the same (probably worse ) again .Have asked Mrs OF if i can borrow her bike tomorrow !
    But i'm thinking for me this will be just about enough :Drop down the road to Winscombe Strawberry line to Axbridge then up Yoghurt to an all day breakfast at Shipham .I know i know lightweight !
    Bike is upside down in the garage at the moment with wheels off .Will have another look in the morning .

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ta for the outing folks, I am a bit stiff after my off but it was still good to be out

Thank you one and all

oldfart

Andy glad to hear you are ok buddy .

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Yes, thanks to all for another great STW ride.

Thanks to all.

Buzz, link as promised:-

headcam weacombe & whistler

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Bloody good ride out with you lot 2day… nice to meet/put faces to the names !!
    Just over 22mls back to Lyd Hill c/park and the mist was really closing in.
    "Salad"..hope the aches soon pass mate,
    "Anna".. how are the feet, they must have been soooo cold !!!
    And,just a quick ps.. It's a good job "Johnners" wasn't out with us today to see how much we cut "them hills up".. Boy, did we cut them up !!
    I'm sure they'll recover though,(they've always seemed to in the past) :mrgreen:

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Oldfart.. Think my NEW pads, as in 1 Bloody,feking,b*st*rding ride have also been killed off ! Think manufacturers must be skimmping on the metal bits in their pad compounds.. or "we're not bedding them in properly" 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Old Fart / Chipps /Quantocks REMINDER (next saturday )’ is closed to new replies.