Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Old electronics…
  • oxym0r0n

Should be riding but I’m scared of the rain… 😉

What do you do with your old electronics? I have a broken Sat Nav, old 6gb mp3 player that the contrast on the screen is virtually gone, old digital camera 1.1mp, lots of wireless routers…

Bin? Recycle? I hate putting stuff in landfill…

Sundayjumper

Our dump has a section for small electricals. No idea what they do with them but it leaves my conscience clear that I’ve done my bit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s a container for this sort of stuff at our local tip. Probably a bit of a commute for you though John.

nickjb
    Free Member

Some go in the special box at the tip, most go in a draw or box because they will be useful one day… Probably

survivor

Hopefully the electronics skip at the tip eventually makes it to someone who recycles the plastics and recovers the precious metals from the circuit boards. Ask while your there. The tip rats might know 🙂

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

All mine go in a special box in the man cave. The idea is they will be brought back to life with Raspberry Pi and Arduinos but i lack the tech savvy unfortunately

oxym0r0n

Might cycle over Onza 😉 I’ll do a round-up check the local tip – thanks folks.

(I hate clutter!!) [unless its the tens of chainrings I have accumulated from riding over the years…]

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Take it to the tip and put it in the small electricals bin. Other recycling places may have pink bins for electricals as well. They go to places like this:

http://www.sweeep.co.uk

I used to work there. 98% of everything that goes there gets recycled – all the metals, plastics, even glass. It’s only stuff like insulation that gets binned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Old electronics…’ is closed to new replies.