• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by benz.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Old Dogs, New Tricks….Klein Attitude
  • Daffy

New bike to me, bought the frame almost 5 months ago and gradually sourced the parts. 26 is dead…Long live 26!

All for sub £700 which pleases my inner northerner 🙂

mattbee

The Klein snobs would say it was actually a Trek in a posh frock but it looks very nice.
    At least being one of the later ones it doesn’t have the stupid tiny rear facing dropouts its predecessor had; torque from the rear disc brake would pull the wheel out of the dropout.

Must get my ’92 Fervour back out from under the spare bed and build it up…

solarider
    Free Member

It is actually a Trek in a posh frock, but a very nice posh frock.

I challenge you try to buy a decent condition ‘actual’ Klein these days for anything under £3k for the frame.

They go for silly money.

I read the Klein interview in Rouleur/Privateer (can’t remember which), and unfortunately it would appear that Gary Klein has no interest whatsoever in the bike industry any more. Shame. An early 90’s Klein would easily hold its own today if he went back into production.

Anyway, nice bike all the same. Nowt wrong with 26 inch.

metalheart
    Free Member

I had a gold one of those (replacement for my Explosif that was nicked).

Best aluminium frame I’ve personally ridden, sold it to a mate to get a Cove. That was a mistake, only rectified by buying a Soul.

Yeah, its a Trek really, but a nice one. Never liked them wheels though…

Thanks for a quick jaunt down memory lane 🙂

stoddys
    Free Member

Similar vain.
    1×9 with the rear disc routing through the internal top tube.
    And yes it is the rear facing dropout with a custom cut and adjusted A2Z adapter, not come out yet.
    These frames climb like no other.

Also running a pair of 29er wheels with 28mm road tyres.
    3mm clearance under the front fork bridge. But rides nice on the road too.

jamj1974

Both look great!

Daffy

Much as I love the early bikes, they’d be horrible to ride compared to modern bikes and ego. This rides great and still takes modern components. It’s ace.

tomaso
    Free Member

Its a lovely paint job and looks a tidy bike. But I think I prefer something more garish and its a Gator-fade paint job for me!

benz
    Free Member

OP, is that a NOS frame? Regardless, I really like it. Needs some nice bright anodised bottle cage bolts….although with that paint I would struggle to decide which colour to get….

Being a chap of a certain age, Klein and the like were much desired bikes when I was getting into Mtb. Could only stretch to an Orange Clockwork in early ’88…..the frame still hangs on the garage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Old Dogs, New Tricks….Klein Attitude’ is closed to new replies.