Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Old copies of Singletrack; are you keeping yours?
  • Dogsby

So, I have a copy of every issue of Singletrack that has been printed stored in boxes in the garage. I can’t remember the last time I looked at a back issue but am having trouble deciding to get rid of them. However, I am considering keeping issue one and ditching the rest.

Is there any point keeping them and if you have cleared yours out what did you do with them?

Dogsby

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I did keep them. Just recycle them now. Usually within a week. I e had the smell, seen the pics and now have the PDF.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have all from issue 8, plan to wallpaper all the fronts on the workshop wall with them, another job on ‘the list’……

IdleJon

I’ve moved several times since the first issue. I’m not looking for storage or wasting energy carrying out all that paper..

crazy-legs

I’ve got all since issue 1.
    If/when I move house I’ll probably end up taking them all to the recycling but for now it’s just a nice thing to have. I wrote quite a few articles and had a few pictures printed in some of the earlier editions, I’d keep those!

crewlie

Just binned all of mine, couldn’t face moving house with them. Didn’t hurt a bit when they went in the skip.

scaredypants

keep meaning to donate/inflict upon either my dentist or GP

miketually
    Free Member

I had every issue from 1 to 100. I sent two of them in to Singletrack Towers to be cut up and scanned for the mag archive – issues 5 and 14, I think – which prompted my to recycle most of the rest. I kept 1 to 4 and 100.

That’s when I switched to a digital subscription.

wukfit
    Free Member

I put mine on the local MTB fb page, got a taker within minutes and collected the same day

grtdkad

…as per scaredypants I do donate mine locally, so hopefully spreading the word in the local waiting room! Doesn’t feel right just chucking them in to the recycling bin.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I did offer mine some time ago, but TBH once I have made the decision to get rid I wanted them gone in a shorter time frame than anyone offered, so I recycled them, although I do still have issue 100 in it’s raper obviously unread 😯

Dogsby

I am definitely keeping #1 and #100 but I think the remainder are headed for the recycling.

grtdkad

Raper ?? 😯

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Soz, I was in a different moment, wrapper 😆

Bez

I have every issue apart from #1 and keep meaning to do something with them other than recycle then, but flip knows what. I’ll probably keep #18.

tthew

If I have a copy that coincides with a holiday or hotel trip, I leave it somewhere in the room or a communal area with magazines in the hope some random other guest can enjoy it. Otherwise they get passed on to someone else or recycled.

Last time I went to the dentist, I found out he’s a cyclist, so I may drop one there in future if it’s convenient.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Recycled all of mine (that I had bought as a subscription from a BIL)

Full of waffle.

russyh
    Free Member

I have all from issue 8, plan to wallpaper all the fronts on the workshop wall with them, another job on ‘the list’……

I’m doing exactly the same when I finally move into my new house!

tang
    Free Member

I couldn’t give away 1-50 in subs covers. I gave them back to Singletrack at mayhem one year!

Defender
    Free Member

Offer them for collection only for a charity donation before binning/recycling them.
    I don’t have every single issue, but have kept all I do have, I think the significant ones are the 1st, 100th and any anniversary ones? The last printed copy too!

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive only kept 54.

Beagleboy

Been a subscriber from issue 1 and have them all stored in boxes in my garage. I’m kind of liking the idea of making a wallpaper of covers though, that sounds really cool. So their lives may be limited after all!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Old copies of Singletrack; are you keeping yours?’ is closed to new replies.