Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • oktoberfest on a cross bike?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Got a mate that’s been trying to sort a mountain bike for oktoberfest and now he’s thinking of using his cross bike instead

are they not banned the same as mayhem/sits?

MrAgreeable

They’re not banned, and I think Paul would be more amused than anything, but the trail’s surprisingly unpleasant on a cross bike and he’ll struggle on the New Barn Wood section.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

^^ I’m with stupid. I’d love to see a cross bike bounce down Red Barn.

Don’t forget, it’s not an 1hr spin around the track, it’s an 8hr race…

mattmbk
    Free Member

Did the last BikeFest and I asked an organiser ( not sure who but they looked official ) and they said cross bikes were not allowed. It was in the rules apparently.

seanbolton
    Free Member

BMX is though 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Red Barn.

Which bit is red barn?

MrAgreeable

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

The rocky bastard bit just after the woopy bit that saps the power that you had left after that short sharp climb…

monkeyboyjc

If he does go for a cross bike he’ll be getting about one puncture a lap.

AC is fine in the dry on skinny tyres but becomes squite slippy in places in the wet.

Trimix
    Free Member

Id tell him hes fine doing it on a cross bike – then when he starts his second lap you can offer to hire him a nice FS bike for a fat fee.

Like most of these questions, yes you can ride anything on anything, but that does not mean it will be fun, fast or efficient.

Ive done it on both a HT and FS, the HT was 3 mins faster (I do 30 min laps). But the FS was eaiser on me for that length of time. Depends on how much you want to win or punish yourself.

Im never going to win anything with 30 min lap times, so I opt for fun and just try to keep up with my mates.

flashes
    Free Member

Apparently there is a team entered on highly unsuitable bikes, so just go for it……………….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘oktoberfest on a cross bike?’ is closed to new replies.