Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Okay.. so hands up, who has a mysterious creaking coming from their bottom?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

…Bracket that is 😉

Fitted a new Truvativ Team GXP BB to my Anthem the other month and – low and behold it now creaks like a tired mouse whist giving the beans uphill.

A similar mysterious creaking downstairs thing happens with my Orange 5.

And I was following another Orange 5 around Coed Y Brenin yesterday that seemed to be afflicted with exactly the same insufferable noise.

It’s a god damn epidemic I tell you… 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have, but that was purely down to last nights dinner*

*someone had to, thought I’d get in early

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

meeeee

cant figure out what it is…..tried everything (see my other posts)…..

no idea what it could be now…..

im gonna change the cassete and chain as cassette has worn new chain, and see if that does the trick….

if not ill totally remove the BB and get some new bearings 🙁

bluebird
    Free Member

I used to have a Sub 5 and my wife rides a 5. They creak like crazy unless you keep anything with a thread clean and greased/thread locked.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a ticking coming from mine on the heckler twice per full turn of the cranks I’ll ignore it until it stops working.

Oggles
    Free Member

I had a creak coming from somewhere on the road bike. Once per revolution when working hard, must be the BB I thought… It was actually the front QR which was a little bit loose 😳

daznal
    Free Member

Had the same ‘its driving me f***ing crazy’pedaling creak that happened once every rotation,turned out to be a slightly loose drive side bb.Nipped it up ,now every thing is quiet and i’m slightly calmer.

Duke
    Free Member

I had the same problem, turns out raceface build/built (?) their BB’s out of some kind of cheese.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Okay.. so hands up, who has a mysterious creaking coming from their bottom?’ is closed to new replies.