Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Okay, new depths plunged here – please don't read if you are easily upset.
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As a father to two young babies, this really made me upset. Honestly – how could someone process such a thought, never mind carry out the act?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/10285707.stm

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry – too much haste, seen it has been posted already.

squiff
    Free Member

As a father myself, when i hear of any stories of children suffering it really **** ME OFF, I want to kick the **** head in 👿

cynic-al
    Free Member

seems the guy was several sandwiches short of a picnic. Not an excuse but perhaps an explanation to knee-jerk "outraged of ______".

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

perhaps an explanation

Perhaps. But still an utterly depressing thing to read about.

BigDummy
    Free Member

[Self-modded for pointlessness]

Jamie
    Free Member

….But still an utterly depressing thing to read about.

Yeah so thanks for bringing it to my attention….. 😐

[Self-modded for pointlessness]

Have some commitment man!

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ Bigdummy.

EDIT: you are a lame-ass!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Given that the judge gave no punishment I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

molgrips
    Free Member

MF – you need to understand that a lot of people live in totally different worlds to the majority. Sad, but that's how it happens. If you're someone that has difficulty with life in one way or another, then you do crazy things I suppose.

Not saying it's good, but there you go.

yunki
    Free Member

what a heartbreaking tale.. brings a tear to the eye for all the wrong reasons..

on a lighter note… 'new depths plunged' is quite an insensitive title to this uneccessary and distressing thread no?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am guessing that MF did not intend that pun, and that he'd never micro-wave his babies.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Shush, Alfred. 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that bastard wants **** killing!

molgrips
    Free Member

No, he doesn't. He's a simpleton, and simpletons don't deserve to die. Who are you, Hitler?

Kevevs
    Free Member

thanks for that. sounds pretty screwed up.

emma82
    Free Member

If the guy was so unable to comprehend the damage he was causing what was the mother doing when he did that to the baby? Some people genuinely should not be allowed to raise children. Too many awful stories, other recents about the silly bitch who left her baby baking naked in the sun til two police officers got it off the beach and to hospital, the 5 yr old who shot his brother in the head playing with daddys gun, the baby that died of a salt overdose cos mum was to thick to learn how to cook properly and the various children who have been mauled to death by dogs . These people aren't malicious but my god are they dangerous. So, so sad.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    molgrips – Member

No, he doesn't. He's a simpleton, and simpletons don't deserve to die. Who are you, Hitler?
    Posted 26 minutes ago # Report-Post

of course, simpletons ARE allowed to get away with anything!! Is that how you have survived?

RichPenny
    Free Member

As a father to two young babies, this really made me upset.

So before you had your kids, would you have been indifferent, or merely a little upset?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clearly the guy was VERY misguided, but sheesh. Hope the little boy recovers.

Dylan08
    Free Member

No court, no rehabilitaion just a plain and simple hanging (publically of course) job done.

molgrips
    Free Member

of course, simpletons ARE allowed to get away with anything!! Is that how you have survived?

So say putting him in prison would have helped how?

Gary_M
    Free Member

that bastard wants **** killing!

Explain why 'he wants killing'?

As a father myself, I'm not upset, I must be a bad man.

Some folk on here are very misguided, have you ever heard of empathy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

'new depths plunged' is quite an insensitive title to this uneccessary and distressing thread no?

I really didn't mean to joke – purely accidental

So before you had your kids, would you have been indifferent, or merely a little upset?

no different, but I guess I feel more sensitive about things – hell, I am nearly in tears when my girls cry and panic when we try to give them medicine.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not being a parent myself, I'll never understand just how terrible this can make one feel 🙁

smoothchicken

The judge is a simpleton as is the mother who let that idiot change the poor childs nappy. The judge needs sacking (most of 'em are useless these days anyhow), the woman should be done for neglect and the simpleton have a sheet of sandpaper shoved up his tubes to see how he feels. Totally outraged someone could be allowed to getaway with this 👿 Rant over! MF, like the irony!

takisawa2

Cant believe someones suggesting we empathise with this [pcmode] poor-misguided-person [/pcmode].

Perhaps he can empathise with my desire to make the aforementioned poor-misguided-person, physically empathise with what this poor baby went through.

Northwind

The only new depths being plumbed here, as far as I can tell, is the hang-em-high brigade spurring themselves on to new lows.

molgrips
    Free Member

Totally outraged someone could be allowed to getaway with this

The fact that people seem to think that the actions of adults are governed by the same rules as toddlers is absolutely bloody incredible.

Seriously – have a little think. The point of punishment is to provide bad consequences for someone doing something that they would otherwise enjoy to the detriment of others; and to provide a deterrent to try and prevent people doing these things in the first place.

From what we know of the case, the man wasn't just doing it for a laugh, he thought he could help in some way and was apparently stupid/mentally disturbed enough not to realise the damage he was doing. He seems to be pretty remorseful now he realises what he did, so punishment in this case is absolutely meaningless.

Do you see what I am getting at?

emma82
    Free Member

I know where you are coming from molgrips. I think the mother of the child needs a serious speaking to to have allowed such a thing to happen and the punishment for the chap would need to be one that keeps him away from children or at least never to be around them alone. Murdering some one with severe learning difficulties or mental illness is very hitler. Difficult though because little one may never fully recover but I jus think if someone is to blame it is the mother. Very sad.

johnners
    Free Member

A judge heard the whole case and came up with

his conduct was the result of "wholly misguided intervention rather than as an act of malice"

It's astonishing how so many of you have formed a different conclusion from a brief bit of journalism.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Perhaps he can empathise with my desire to make the aforementioned poor-misguided-person, physically empathise with what this poor baby went through.

takisawa2 clearly you're much more of a big tough man than me.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

jonners he stuffed something up a babies arse, no matter how mental you are sure the babies crying tells you its not enjoying it! Get over the pc bullshit, the man may be mental but ultimately he deserves some form of retribution

racing_ralph
    Free Member

btw – where doe sit state that he has learning difficulties?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    The only new depths being plumbed here, as far as I can tell, is the hang-em-high brigade spurring themselves on to new lows.

+1

Could we have a separate forum for **** like this thread?

DezB
    Free Member

RichPenny – Member
    As a father to two young babies, this really made me upset.

It does make a big difference how these kinds of stories effect you. Hence, I won't be reading the news item.

DarrenH

DezB, I totally understand you.
    Since becoming a dad 11 months ago stuff like this really gets to me.

molgrips
    Free Member

the man may be mental but ultimately he deserves some form of retribution

Why? What good would it do?

This isn't about being PC, it's about thinking about it.

sputnik
    Free Member

The idiot doesn't stuff wipes up his own arse , no, he is to smart for that.
    So why do it to a helpless baby?

Gary_M
    Free Member

The idiot doesn't stuff wipes up his own arse , no, he is to smart for that.

And you know that for a fact do you?

I'm surprised none of the moral majority have come out with 'hitler had the right idea'.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Okay, new depths plunged here – please don't read if you are easily upset.’ is closed to new replies.