• This topic has 32 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Ok, who's forgotten where they put the tandem?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cos this one

Has been U locked to a post down the road from me for the past 10 days or so.

Just wondering.

scaredypants

stoker’s been arrested for handlebar crime ?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I actually recovered a stolen Thorn a while back. Because they’re all customised, Thorn will have the owners contact details. Note the frame number, probably under the BB, and call SJS Cycles up with it. They’ll contact the owner 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It just seems unusal being where it is. That’s a house in the picture but there’s no doors or gates on that side. There’s some houses over the road with railings which are too high to fasten a bike to.
    Just as well It’s not the crime capital of Yorkshire round here!

nealglover
    Free Member

Does seem odd to be locked up for so long with the little frame bag attached.

MrPottatoHead

Did they run over a cat?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Did they run over a cat?

Lol! That ‘cat’ wasn’t there at 1st, then it was sitting on the front bars, now It’s where it is.
    Mystery.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Still there this morning.

JAG

Most odd 😯

RustySpanner

Someone’s had an accident after chaining it up?

Not a chance I’d leave that around.

Very strange.

shermer75
    Free Member

How would get a comfortable grip on the stoker’s handlebars?

shermer75
    Free Member

Just realised that the front wheel is quick release 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like a nice little dynamo hub on it too lol

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

Stolen, shirley?

Apparently the scrotes don’t always take the bikes they steal home, in case they’re raided. Instead they just lock them up somewhere else until they have a buyer.

OP, have you posted on CTC’s forum? Just in case the rightful owner’s on there.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thorn will likely have the owner’s phone number.

tthew

I’d be ringing the non-emergency police number, armed with the frame number and letting them know just in case it’s been reported.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hand it in to the cops.

6 months from now, you and Ton could be capering round the back roads in a Last of the Summer Wine style.

Andy-R

I was just going to suggest the same as tthew did ^^^

TheDTs
    Free Member

Is it waiting to be fitted to the NZ Americas cup boat?

Dickyboy

It’s a bate tandem, first in the world, someone wants TJ locked up

deepreddave
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be too difficult as the stoker appears set up for an orangutan. Have you seen someone looking like Clint Eastwood?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If it’s still there tomorrow morning I may just pop to the cop shop ( which is literally 500mtrs away from it) & tell them.

njee20
    Free Member

Or ring Thorn, who will likely have the owners details…?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Have just put a link to this thread on Tandem UK website in case owners are on there as well.
    Jim

fibre
    Free Member

Looks like an ETC branded D-Lock, the keys are flimsy and tend to snap if forced. Have a sneaky peek under the key cover and see if there is a broken key in it, they’ve probably had to abandon it and not got around to recovering it if so (bit risky).

chestrockwell

Seen this one also. Harrogate right? I just assumed it was locked up while the owner was at work. If not, dibs on the Magura……

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s mine, er I mean ours

If you could just remind me where I left it, I’ll be there tomorrow to collect it. Postcode and house-number should suffice. Is there a tool shop nearby as I seem to have mislaid the lock key.

Seriously, that is odd. I’m going with the posted above suggesting it’s nicked and left there by the thief. I’d speak to the police and Thorn

choppersquad
    Free Member

Am I the only one who thinks it’s not weird that it’s still there after 10 days?
    Just look at it!!

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Someone local on the tandem uk forum says it was in the town square for a couple of weeks before current location. They left a note offering help with transport if needed but not heard anything.
    Who knows…maybe someone’s hoping for an insurance claim.
    Guess the only thing is let local police know so they can take it into storage.

timber

Is it possible it just doesn’t fit in the owners house?
    They’re a pain to fit in tight spaces, get more of a work out getting ours from the shed to the road and back again than when actually riding it.

Rich
    Free Member

Still there?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Still there?

Gone, but not forgotten. 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Hopefully with the true owners. 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Ok, who's forgotten where they put the tandem?’ is closed to new replies.