Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ok who is running conti mountain kings then
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Asking about version 2 (version 1 owners need not apply)

I notice the recommended pressure is insanely high (50psi). Who actually runs this? Don’t you get *insane* amounts of trail chatter or do you not for some reason?

Thinking of getting the ProTection version for a 29er hardtail. Would usually run a tyre below 30psi though if it weren’t for pinch flats.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve used the 2.2 MK2 protection extensively.

Really like it and have found it versatile enough that I don’t need to swap to Mud Xs in winter.

Was better on my muddy, rooty southern trails than on rocky northern ones though. Even the protection model is lightweight (600g in 26″) and just not as sturdy as I need.

Pressure-wise I go for 30psi or less, no idea what it rides liek at 45psi and not about to find out!

jonba
    Free Member

Run mine 30-40psi and 40psi feels hard. I normally do it by squidge and then remember the pressure for speed next time.

I use the cheapo wire ones on my singlespeed and the folding ones (not protection) on my full suss. Both tubeless. Both good. Will probably go for something racier on my full suss next time as I’m thinking of doing more racing next year and they drag a bit compared to the race tyres I used to use.

johnellison
    Free Member

50psi is not the recommended pressure – it’s a maximum pressure. I usually run mine at about 35 – 40psi.

sideshow
    Free Member
    JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have 2.4 x 26 MK, MKII, Protection. I saw the 50 psi recommended pressure as well. However, I have settled at around 30 – 35 psi with me being 14 stone. Love the tyres.

swiss01
    Free Member

mines are always around the 40 mark.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Thinking of getting the ProTection version for a 29er hardtail. Would usually run a tyre below 30psi though if it weren’t for pinch flats.

Im selling one, £20 posted to your door…….

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Im selling one, £20 posted to your door…….

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-conti-mk2-29er-22-black-chilli-protection-20-posted

sideshow
    Free Member

Won’t take you up on that sorry cos they’re nearly that cheap new in Evans atm. Is there any reason for the sale, were you not getting on with it..?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ok who is running conti mountain kings then’ is closed to new replies.