Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • OK, where do I stand? (Royal Mail/CRC Cock up)
  • mboy
    Free Member

Hora

Get in touch mate

Have fbook messaged you, cos no email address in your profile. You can contact me that way, or via my email address please.

Cheers

postierich
    Free Member

Hora will be be busy polishing his reverb making sure it goes up and down! 😀

sugdenr
    Free Member

mboy – Member
    OK, things cleared up a little…

Not £15 out of pocket, they’d (oddly) refunded me £15 days after I placed the order. Seems even though I didn’t manage to get the “SAVE15” voucher, they still applied it anyway.

Right, all square as far as CRC are concerned. Still no Reverb though!

Emailing Hora…

Wow! You must be one of those reasonable people with a sense of perspective………who are out of place in this forum

aracer
    Free Member

You can almost name your conditions (to a point), and certainly you can have any losses written into a contract, rather than just the statutory £35 Royal Mail offer you and me…

Maybe you can, but it would cost you more, and see your point above about it being worth them taking the risk of losing a small proportion of stuff. It’s surely at least as likely that their contract with RM specifies that they can’t claim any compensation!

Oh and BTW it’s now £50 with the hike in stamp prices.

tomhoward

Mboy, If you look at one of Hora’s wanted/for sales posts (there’s dozens…), he puts it on those.

mboy
    Free Member

It’s surely at least as likely that their contract with RM specifies that they can’t claim any compensation!

Honestly mate, I’ve been the one signing the dotted line on contract to use a delivery service. Depends on the size of the contract, how big a player you are etc. But Royal Mail will have had to do a lot of bending over to secure a high profile contract like CRC over and above TNT and the other delivery companies. The prices CRC pay will be a fraction of what you or I do (hence they can give free delivery with an order), and there will be a clause in the contract that they can claim for any losses above and beyond a certain Service Level Agreement.

What applies to you and I as Joe Public will be completely different if you’re spending millions of pounds as a large customer every year.

EDIT: The Point is, though Royal Mail have cocked up, don’t feel sorry for CRC. They won’t have lost out financially in the long run…

Mboy, If you look at one of Hora’s wanted/for sales posts (there’s dozens…), he puts it on those.

Cheers, found it and messaged him. Fingers crossed he’s still got it and willing to let me have it!

andyrm
    Free Member

CRC have lost the profit on the sale of the product – and they work to pretty tight net margins.

But as has been said, they’ve massively exceeded their obligations so have acted more than fairly. It’s just a shame people nowadays expect Harrods service at Lidl prices…….

rbrstr
    Free Member

I think you’ll probably find CRC never posted the item out in the first place which is why they have refunded you so quickly.

ive had several experiences with their “live stock system” catching them out on sale items, unfortunately they will not communicate this to the buyer until the buyer phones to trace the order

mboy
    Free Member

I think you’ll probably find CRC never posted the item out in the first place which is why they have refunded you so quickly.

Normally I’d agree, but given that I ordered mine days before a couple of guys I know ordered theirs, and they’ve received theirs, I’m inclined to believe it’s a delivery problem rather than CRC not posting. My CRC order profile says it left their warehouse on the 21st Dec anyway, why would they lie?

Goz
    Free Member

Hi Mark, hope you had a nice christmas and a happy new year.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

What you after :lol:.Did you sort your tyre out? That Ken Bruce/Pinksy look alike is amazing 😀

Goz
    Free Member

Tyre sorted thanks….just got a head full of cold, happy new year.

mboy
    Free Member

Hi Pete, good christmas and new year ta, you?

Shame that buying my Christmas present online has reminded me why buying off your LBS is still king! Shame that even though I work in one, often it’s cheaper to buy the stuff from the likes of CRC than I can get it through work at cost +VAT! 😕

rbrstr
    Free Member

Normally I’d agree, but given that I ordered mine days before a couple of guys I know ordered theirs, and they’ve received theirs, I’m inclined to believe it’s a delivery problem rather than CRC not posting. My CRC order profile says it left their warehouse on the 21st Dec anyway, why would they lie?

As you say, probably a delivery error if you ordered yours days before your friends, but i’d be curious to know if you selected the same postal option as your friends did? ive found that when selelcting the free postage option ive not recieved my sale item before it went out of stock, but when ive selected a “paid” postal service (like next day), i always recieve the sale item. Of course, that could just be coincidence but its happened often enough that ive noticed a pattern

Goz
    Free Member

Yo mark, strange old world at times and mildly fustrating.
    Glad ur still enjoying the cycle trade, must try and pop up sometime, maybe a road ride on a monday in the warmer weather!

stratman
    Free Member

Someone further up suggested contacting the local delivery office.

In October we lost a package of saddles from Australia (don’t ask!).

I got proof of postage from the sender, contacted Royal Mail, who disclaimed all knowledge, and contacted Auspost, who told me it had left Aus. I finally called the local parcel office, where it had been sitting for almost a month.

Worth a try

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Your right LBS is KING even though you have to make your own tea sometimes :D.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘OK, where do I stand? (Royal Mail/CRC Cock up)’ is closed to new replies.