Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • OK, where do I stand? (Royal Mail/CRC Cock up)
  • mboy
    Free Member

So, like many people on here, was chuffed to bits when CRC bunged a load of Reverbs on offer for £144.99 just before Christmas.

I got my order in quick.

I subsequently told a load of friends and others about it too, so they could fill their boots and take advantage of the offer.

So everyone else has had theirs delivered days ago now. Mine still hasn’t turned up (I ordered on 20th Dec, it’s now 3rd Jan). I’ve emailed CRC a few times already (no response), so called them this morning…

Nice young lady on the phone says “ah no problems, we’ll just send you another one out, if both arrive just send one back”.

Superb methinks.

“Hold on, I’ll just check the stock”

Facepalm!

“oh, sorry, there’s none left in stock” (you don’t say!)

So I then proceeded to give her the part number of the same Reverb post, that is currently £249.99 on their website, and point out it’s the same item.

“OK she says, I’ll see what I can do”

Rings me back a few minutes later and says “OK, best I can do that for is £199, it cost us more cos it’s got more bits in”

OK fair point, it’s not an OEM model, I understand where she’s coming from. I still ask if it’s possible to remove the extra bits (bleed kit, cable clamps etc.) to essentially make it the same as the OEM one I ordered, and send me a replacement.

“I’ll go ask” she says.

“Sorry, we can’t do that, only thing I can do is refund you”

🙁

So I’ve got my money back, but not the item I ordered (which I was happy to pay for), and they won’t go to any length to help me out here…

The Crux of it all though, is that CRC shouldn’t even be having to do this in the first place, if Royal Fail hadn’t cocked up and lost it! CRC will submit their claim to Royal Fail and get the £144.99 they’ve lost off me back, Royal Fail just don’t care and will take it on the chin, but me… Well I can’t get a Reverb now for anything like the price they were before Christmas, despite having got in quickly and ordered one!

Where do I stand? Should I be chasing up Royal Mail (CRC only sent first class, unrecorded)? Should I be giving CRC a lot more grief than I have? Should I just accept that sometimes this happens, and move on Reverb-less?

Don’t quite know what to do… 😕

Dickyboy

I think you might just need a hug

Junkyard
    Free Member

shit happens and its not good but I dont zee what you can do

you wont have the seatpost you want

its crap but it is what it is

trail_rat
    Free Member

i suspect your order never even got to royal mail hence the only ones out of pocket will be them.

tomhoward

You never know, a reverb might still turn up, and you’ve got your money back.

Sh!t happens, you’ve not lost anything, but could still gain.

andyl
    Free Member

I’m sure there will be more offers soon.

Out of interest what are the extras that come with the retail version? I got mine from On One as I wanted a 410mm, 125mm drop with LH remote (to fit on the right) and as it’s OEM it came with just a rubbish manual, a hose guide, a cable tie and a random spare screw and red rubber hose nipple.

aracer
    Free Member

Should I just accept that sometimes this happens, and move on Reverb-less?

This. They’re refunding your money. It’s not their fault they’re now sold out and unable to send you another one. What else do you think they should do?

_tom_
    Free Member

Don’t quite know what to do…

thomson post and a salsa QR?

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

I feel for you – I really do. But I don’t think you’re going to get anywhere fast pursuing either Royal Mail or CRC.

As far as Royal Mail are concerned, I think I’m correct in saying that their ‘contract’ is with the sender and not you so they won’t be interested in talking to you at all.

As for CRC, my experiences of their customer support aren’t that good, I’m afraid. Up until last summer, I thought they were great but they seem to have gone downhill since. I recently didn’t get a query resolved satisfactorily with them (stuff that wasn’t delivered that was in the sale and then not available – same scenario as you) so I submitted a customer complaint which I don’t do lightly. The complaint I submitted was extremely well mannered and thought out. Their response was more or less “tough – this is our level of service and if you don’t like it, shop somewhere else”. It was more or less that blunt. I’m now buying from elsewhere whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe see if you can chisel a £5 or £10 gift voucher out of them to go towards your next order to ease the frustration. You might be lucky, you might not. Good luck!

johnellison
    Free Member

There are two contracts here – the one between you and CRC, and the one between CRC and Royal Snail. CRC have complied fully with their contract with you, taking your statutory rights as a consumer into account.

The contract between CRC and Royal Snail doesn’t involve you – therefore you cannot expect either party to be interested if you stick your two penn’orth in.

You’ve got your money back, so CRC have honoured their part of the bargain, albeit in a way which is not helpful to you in that you haven’t got your forks.

But as far as consumer law/rights is concerned, there is no case here. Sorry!!

andyl
    Free Member

tbh CRC could have made you wait for a bit longer as it still might turn up but they have given you a refund now so you can at least jump on any more offers as you have the money available. At the end of the day they are the ones out of pocket now. it does such but it’s RM not CRCs fault and it may well indeed turn up.

njee20
    Free Member

Furthermore, CRC have offered you 20% off the Reverb that’s in stock, that’s not a bad offer when they’ve not technically done anything wrong.

Frustrating, but I don’t think you have any recourse.

aracer
    Free Member

At the end of the day they are the ones out of pocket now.

This too – I know we’re not supposed to feel sorry for big companies like CRC, but unlike you they’ve actually lost money on this.

jota180
    Free Member

OK, where do I stand?

With your nuts closer to the saddle than may have otherwise been the case?

woody2000
    theflatboy
    Free Member

You never know, it might yet turn up and as above you will be quids in.

Things have taken longer to wind their way through the mysterious pathways of Royal Mail in the past only to eventually turn up, especially at this time of year.

bails

a random spare screw and red rubber hose nipple.

I think that screw is for the MMX mount. Is the rubber to put over the end of the hose when bleeding the lever? That’s clever, I just thought it was to make the screw easy to spot! They really should put these things in the manual.

falkirk-mark

On one are still have them on website at £145 although they have none in stock so I dunno if you could ask for one when they come in stock at that price. I would think it would be poor if he was leaving them at that price while he has none then putting them up when he gets new stock.

nbt
    Jamie
    Free Member

I had some goods dispatched via RM, from Amazon, on the 22nd which have not turned up. I am going to wait till next week to get angry, as there are always wayward parcels this time of the year.

As above, I reckon you will probably get it anyway. So depending on your moral compass, it could end up being a freebie.

andyl
    Free Member

I think that screw is for the MMX mount. Is the rubber to put over the end of the hose when bleeding the lever? That’s clever, I just thought it was to make the screw easy to spot! They really should put these things in the manual.

that was my thinking, except the hose will be connected at both ends when doing a bleed so maybe it is for if someone has to disconnect a hose to route it to stop the fluid leaking out?

jimmy

I’ve been uber-impressed with Royal Mail this christmas, stuff delivered way ahead of expectations.

FWIW

andrewh
    Free Member

As I see it CRC agreed to send you an item at an agreed price. They failed to deliver (their problem to chase Royal fail for this)
    You pointed out that they have another, almost identical, item in stock, but they refused to send you this. Had it been me I would have put my foot down a little harder and pushed for one of these rather than the refund. I bet they wouyld have done if the other item had been cheaper!
    To get the item you thought you had bought will now cost you another £100.
    I’d be pretty cross with them.

superstu
    Free Member

I’d echo above comments – I think CRC have actually been very reasonable. I’d expect (given it’s not an inconsequential sum of money) that they would have made you wait 15 working days before issuing a refund, as this is how long you have to wait as a sender to complain to Royal Mail for non-delivery.

You say the order was on 20 December – do you know when the item was dispatched? Say it was Friday 21st then I make today the 6/7th working day (depending on whether you include the 21st or not). I would hope that the item would still turn up so you may be lucky. What you do about still paying for the item or being quiet if it does turn up is down to your own conscience, although legally I’d guess that you should inform CRC.

Taff
    Free Member

Out of all the responses this is the one worth reading again 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

andrewh – Member

steady on… 😯

stgeorge

Have you contacted local sorting office – it may be there awaiting collection, it does happen as postman does “forget/can’t be arsed” to put card through door sometimes.

zilog6128

As I see it CRC agreed to send you an item at an agreed price. They failed to deliver (their problem to chase Royal fail for this)
    You pointed out that they have another, almost identical, item in stock, but they refused to send you this. Had it been me I would have put my foot down a little harder and pushed for one of these rather than the refund. I bet they wouyld have done if the other item had been cheaper!

An easy way round this problem then would be for companies to never pass savings onto their customers. Next time they get a discounted batch of anything, they can sell it to you at full whack. Would you prefer that?

hora
    Free Member

I’m posting mine back tonight as no one wants it on here!

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers, probably! Bit miffed, but of course all is not lost. Supposed to be my “Christmas Present” from my Dad if you get me (well he gave me the money for it after asking what I wanted), but never mind.

i suspect your order never even got to royal mail hence the only ones out of pocket will be them.

How so?

I ordered 3 days before some people who I know have also ordered the same Reverb, and they’ve already received theirs.

You never know, a reverb might still turn up, and you’ve got your money back.

I’m not after a freebie, if it turns up, CRC will get a call to let them know so.

I’m sure there will be more offers soon.

Cleanrance of old OEM stock, to make way for an updated model. So I very much doubt it!

This. They’re refunding your money. It’s not their fault they’re now sold out and unable to send you another one. What else do you think they should do?

I don’t know, hence why I’ve asked… I know what some might do, I know what I might do… But then I’ve asked cos my own moral compass is not necessarily the same as the law and I wanted to find out where I really stand here, not just “what I’d like to happen”.

Furthermore, CRC have offered you 20% off the Reverb that’s in stock, that’s not a bad offer when they’ve not technically done anything wrong.

Frustrating, but I don’t think you have any recourse.

I know what you’re saying, but you see my frustration. Nice of them to at least offer, but at the same time it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth given that I don’t need or want any of the bleed kit or other accessories that come with it, so would much rather have the post at the price I originally paid to CRC. £199 for a full retail boxed post with all the kit is indeed not a bad price at all, but I don’t need, want, or can really afford/justify the extra £54 on the other bits that come with it.

This too – I know we’re not supposed to feel sorry for big companies like CRC, but unlike you they’ve actually lost money on this.

They’re a business, I feel sorry for them in a way cos they’ve lost out (temporarily) cos Royal Fail haven’t fulfilled their end of the contract. Though CRC will get their money back too in the end cos they’ll claim it back as a loss as part of their contract with RF.

But as far as consumer law/rights is concerned, there is no case here. Sorry!!

As I suspected, just didn’t really want to hear… 😐

thomson post and a salsa QR?

You do know humour doesn’t translate so well in the written word right? 😕

Any good?

Thank you Woody, need a 31.6 though.

HOra was selling one at that price

Will email Hora in a mo, see if he’s still got it. Might be a more suitable resolution to the whole process in the end.

I’ve been uber-impressed with Royal Mail this christmas, stuff delivered way ahead of expectations.

Well, likewise aside from this. Have ordered a few things, from various companies, for various Christmas Presents. Everything else turned up quicker than I was expecting. But 1 parcel out of 6 has gone missing! 😕

Though I’m inclined to feel this way, I don’t think that it will work at all, otherwise I’d have pushed for it. I know I could pull the “I’ll tell all my friends to stop buying off you too, and I’ll slag you off on the internet” card, but really? People will continue to shop with them based on their own experiences, and price… I know that. People will only stop buying off CRC if they have a bad experience themselves. Besides, I’m not particularly upset with CRC initially (I am now, but that’s another story), it’s Royal Mail that have cocked up.

Have you contacted local sorting office – it may be there awaiting collection, it does happen as postman does “forget/can’t be arsed” to put card through door sometimes.

Used my initiative and went down there whilst everyone else was posting on here. Went and asked nicely, no sign sadly… Back to square one.

Anyway… Annoyed with CRC now as they’ve “refunded” me, but will take 5 days to show in my account… BUT… They’ve refunded me £129.99, not £144.99! I was initially miffed cos I couldn’t apply the “SAVE15” code they were offering as it was no longer working (despite still being valid) and ordered anyway… But they’ve seen fit to charge me £15 for the experience of them/Royal Fail losing my seatpost!

NOT HAPPY!

torques
    Free Member

They can’t charge you for postage on an item you have not received (£15)
    Also ask them for a tracking number/proof of postage.
    As an item that’s worth £144.99 would not have been sent without some form of tracking number.
    Also for your information they can only claim back around £35 on a lost item from Royal Mail.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve had stuff turn up really late after i’ve been refunded before.

Crc up to a few weeks, Wiggle 19 days for a helmet to turn up (refunded the morning before it arrived).

I reckon yours will show up at some stage.

postierich
    Free Member

check on royalmailchat they might have one for sale on their forum! 😉

Very surprised CRC do not use our track and trace service for all of their post/parcels seems mad they do not considering the amount of kit they send through the system.I have had a set of forks off them sent without any type of signiture madness considering the amount of dishonest folk around.

jimmy

Since spending too much time on quickmeme.com recently, I can’y help thinking we’re way too lucky to only have non-delivery of seatposts to whinge about.

First world problems.

bails

that was my thinking, except the hose will be connected at both ends when doing a bleed so maybe it is for if someone has to disconnect a hose to route it to stop the fluid leaking out?

Doh, that’s what I meant, not bleeding, but removing the lever for whatever reason.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Royal Fail hadn’t cocked up and lost it! CRC will submit their claim to Royal Fail and get the £144.99

They’ll get their trade price only, i.e. what they lost.

Dickyboy

£15 out of pocket, that’s a bit weird 😕

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats if CRC even sent them out in the first place!!!!!!!.

mboy
    Free Member

Since spending too much time on quickmeme.com recently, I can’y help thinking we’re way too lucky to only have non-delivery of seatposts to whinge about.

First world problems.

REALLY?

There had to be one self righteous male chicken I suppose!

I’m well aware there is fear, famine and pestilence the world over, and I wake up thankful every day that I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a job to go to. But you had to come on a Moutain Biking forum, onto a thread about Mountain Bike components being lost and me asking fairly reasonable questions about where I stand, to pick your battle!

I’m guessing you’re single and have no friends, cos you’ve certainly got no social skills!

check on royalmailchat they might have one for sale on their forum!

Will do Rich.

Shame all Postie’s aren’t as honest (or workmanlike) as you eh! 😉

They can’t charge you for postage on an item you have not received (£15)

I don’t think they’re trying to, I just think they’ve made a right royal balls up, and don’t know their arse from their elbow any more!

Very surprised CRC do not use our track and trace service for all of their post/parcels seems mad they do not considering the amount of kit they send through the system.I have had a set of forks off them sent without any type of signiture madness considering the amount of dishonest folk around.

Cost innit. They send thousands and thousands of parcels, if Postmen lose 1%, but they save £1 per parcel in cost, it’s still cheaper overall to send everything unsigned for.

I’ve had stuff turn up really late after i’ve been refunded before.

Crc up to a few weeks, Wiggle 19 days for a helmet to turn up (refunded the morning before it arrived).

I reckon yours will show up at some stage.

Cheers mate, will bear that in mind and be patient (as best as possible).

As an item that’s worth £144.99 would not have been sent without some form of tracking number.
    Also for your information they can only claim back around £35 on a lost item from Royal Mail.

Yes it would (see above answer) and yes they can. I’ve been in charge of the supply chain for an online internet retailer (amongst others) before, and trust me, when you’re sending lots and lots of parcels, you’ve got various different carriers all vying for your business, trying to beat each other on price and terms. You can almost name your conditions (to a point), and certainly you can have any losses written into a contract, rather than just the statutory £35 Royal Mail offer you and me…

mboy
    Free Member

OK, things cleared up a little…

Not £15 out of pocket, they’d (oddly) refunded me £15 days after I placed the order. Seems even though I didn’t manage to get the “SAVE15” voucher, they still applied it anyway.

Right, all square as far as CRC are concerned. Still no Reverb though!

Emailing Hora…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘OK, where do I stand? (Royal Mail/CRC Cock up)’ is closed to new replies.