Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Ok what have CRC sent you by mistake.. and did you tell them?
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

I ordered a set of FSA Wing drop bars from an online retailer, the alloy ones. I was sent the Carbon ones which were £250 rather than the £50 I had spent on the alloy ones. I rang up straight away and told them and they said I could keep them. I was gobsmacked but very chuffed as I really wanted the Carbon ones but couldn’t afford them. Still got them as they are the comfiest drop bars ever.

servo
    Free Member

Planet X sent me a pedal once. I assumed that pedals came in pairs but there was only one in the box. They gave me a refund and told me I could keep it.
    Still got a time atac xc6 pedal. Think it’s a left 🙂

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve spent thousands with CRC et al and the only thing I’ve received by mistake is bloody harribos.

brant
    Free Member

I did hear about a picking mistake in one of the big retailers where instead of customers being shipped one puncture repair kit they were shipped the bulk box which (lets for sake of comedy) contained 100 puncture repair kits.
    Maybe it was only 10. But anyhow.

This went on for some considerable time apparently.

I remember this happening in other mail order things too. I knew someone who got 8 mugs instead of 1.

And someone once shipped me 24 tiny plastic storage boxes to PX when I worked there (the first time).

DezB
    Free Member

the only thing I’ve received by mistake is bloody harribos.

Ew, did you find out who’s blood it was?

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you scan the harcode of a whole box of sesame bar things in tescos it costs 20p.

Source: my mum.

I’m not brave enough to try!

longmover
    Free Member

I once ordered a jacket from wiggle and got sent a jacket and two pairs of running shoes, got a £10 voucher for telling them and another £10 voucher when they received them.

Flaperon

Ok opened my parcel today and I had 5 pieces of cycling stuff and there should have been 4 the item that was not supposed to have been there will come in rather handy soon.

What should I do bearing mine looking at my total spend in the last year has been 800 quid

Send it back, or at least contact them and ask what they’d like you to do.

Just because they’re a big company and you’ve bought a lot of stuff from them this year does not make it acceptable to keep something sent in error.

It’s basically just petty thievery. It’s not as if it’s a difficult moral question.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Never happened to me, but would 100% tell them.

nickjb
    Free Member

I got a single Magura brake pad once. I never told them. Probably still in a drawer somewhere.

stevestunts
    Free Member

My wife once order a pair of Ugg boots from a website with a domain name something like http://www.xingpao-donkey-sanctuary.com and got sent a pair of fake Ugg boots.

Funny that.

stevied
    Free Member

We didn’t order anything from Trollbeads but got sent a box containing £17,000 worth of the things.
    We returned them and they gave my wife a bracelet set worth about £150 as a thanks 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

If you scan the harcode of a whole box of sesame bar things in tescos it costs 20p.

Source: my mum.

I’m not brave enough to try!

Oooooh, memory time…

I did this with a 6 pack of Brooklyn lager in Tesco years ago, the barcode was the same on the bottle as the 6 pack carton (one of those folding card US type ones) and the bottles were supposed to be sold separately but they’d been put out in their cartons. 4 x 6 packs of nice beer for about a fiver? Ok then.

I’m a terrible person.

keefmac

not CRC but Canyon.
    ordered a t shirt and got sent a pair of oakleys instead. rang them and they apologised, said keep the glasses and posted me the t shirt. wife nicked them instantly 🙂

benp1

I need to buy mores stuff from CRC!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Tell them. Not telling them is theft. I know the OP is a forum regular but there’s a certain humour on a self-declared postman asking whether he should keep something he shouldn’t have.

From other posts they may tell you to keep it (though given they do free returns I don’t see sending stuff back as such a big hassle) and then you’ll have the warm glow of being rewarded for having done the right thing. I told merlin when a boxed headset came with some forks I’d ordered, thinking there would be another customer upset at not receiving their headset. It turned out to be an expired promo where they’d found more stock of the headsets so were punting them out with forks without fanfare.

markshires
    Free Member

My wife thinks they sent me two sets of forks the other year when they had a clearance offer on and we’re too good to resist!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Ok what have CRC sent you by mistake.. and did you tell them?’ is closed to new replies.