Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OK to run 10 speed deore rear mech with 105 10 speed sti shifters?
  • SiB
    Free Member

I’m assuming its OK but could just do with a knowledgeable nod (or otherwise) before the work commences, thanks

oliverracing

Only using something like the tanpan which changes the pull ratios as MTB 10 speed and road 10 speed have different pull ratios, you can use a 9 speed MTB rear mech though as that has the same pull ratio as 10 speed road

SiB
    Free Member

I’m glad I asked, so much for my assumption!

Thanks oliverracing

oliverracing

No problem, I run these on all my drop bar bikes in both 10 and 11 speed guises, one thing that can be good to know – 10 and 11 speed shimano MTB rear mechs are completely swappable in terms of pull ratio, so all you have to do is match the road shifter to the cassette and tanpan (all 10 or 11 speed) and you are free to use whichever MTB 10/11s shimano rear mech you have lying around

scotroutes

You could use a 9speed Deore mech with no adapter

bigyinn
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

You could use any 9speed MTB Deore mech with no adapter
    FTFY

SiB
    Free Member

thanks again

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

scotroutes – Member
    You could use any 9speed MTB Deore mech with no adapter

FTFY[/quote]

Strictly Scotroutes is more correct.
    Deore, Deore LX, Deore XT (is it still called Deore XTR?) all work.

Any “MTB” (including SRAM) won’t work, because SRAM used a 1:1 ratio.

Anything Shimano older then 9 speed will work too (I’ve got old XT mechs on my tourer).

bigyinn
    Free Member

What I meant was Shimano 9 spd, obvs. I don’t think XTR was ever prefixed with Deore, although I stand to be corrected.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OK to run 10 speed deore rear mech with 105 10 speed sti shifters?’ is closed to new replies.