Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • OK, so whose finished work for Christmas then??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve finished (not bragging, just taking holidays due) and yet hacking around the lanes of Hampshire you’d think nobody has a day job any more..
    More cars/vans/cars/trucks/cars on the road today than I’ve seen in a very long time 😕

No one gotta Job anymore 😆

So, who else is off.. 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You’ve only just finished? I’ve been off for a week already 😀

Northwind

I’m working right up til christmas as I didn’t want to waste the holidays in a quiet time, then off til I think the 5th January, thanks to my work’s random “extra paid holiday that we don’t tell you about til it happens” policy. (if you were an employer that offered 35 days holiday even to new starts, would you not mention it? The ad said 25)

Oh aye and officially off today on a christmas shopping day though instead I lay in bed all morning and now I’m changing a thermostat in the car

grenosteve
    Free Member

I’m at work still, but I’m cruising into Christmas! (not actually got anything to do…well, nothing that cant wait until the new year)

Milkie
    Free Member

Work until Midday Christmas Eve… And for the first year ever I don’t have to work the week between Christmas and New Year!! 😀

The shops are manic and I was nearly run over by an 80 year old in his car! The joys of Christmas Rage! 😈

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’m not working till next year now.
    But only because I’m off sick with a knackered shoulder.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

At work today.
    “working from home” tomorrow so I can catch the school Christmas play.
    Company biz and booze presentation on wednesday
    Working thursday
    “Working” friday morning bu I suspect it will degenerate by lunchtime for ice-skating in the afternoon and massive piss-up in the evening.
    Then 2 weeks off 🙂

sandwicheater

Mods, can we close this thread, it’s making me come out in a jealous rash.

iolo
    Free Member

I finished 4 years ago**. What took you so long?

** ok, I got sick and can’t work. Oh how I wish I was working.

bigblackshed

Thursday lunchtime for me. Off until 3rd January. Then back on shifts rather than Monday to Friday days. I can’t wait. *

* Not sarcasm. .

cupra
    Free Member

I’m off tomorrow, back in on Weds for crimbo do, then tidy up a few things on Thurs/ Fri and then that’s me off until Jan 5th. Work closes on 24th but I have holiday days to take.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Working up until lunchtime on Christmas Eve. Could take holiday, but a bit pointless as it’ll be dead anyway. Then off until 5th January, as is my entire industry, so no getting back to 300+ e-mails, which is always nice.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

despite Xmas landing on rest days for me, they have chosen (for second year in a row) to cancel my rest days (which means they f–ked up granting leave to someone else) so I am working lates from 19th to the 26th inclusive, theyve kindly let me have 2 days to recover, then back for an other 7 consecutive shifts including new years eve and new years day.

As I manage a police custody suite if we meet over the “holidays” it means your Christmas is going even more badly than mine….

iainc

uselesshippy – Member
    I’m not working till next year now.
    But only because I’m off sick

+1 😡

scotroutes

I finished at the end of October and start again in April.

andy4d

Lucky sods. I work in retail so working up to 7pm on christmas eve and then back in for 9am on the 26th so christmas day is just my day off in a very busy time. Oh well it pays the bills, just. Spare a thought for shop workers at this time.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

so christmas day is just my day off in a very busy time

lucky sod.

bikebouy
    Free Member

[quotecrashtestmonkey – Member
    As I manage a police custody suite if we meet over the “holidays” it means your Christmas is going even more badly than mine….
    [/quote]

I’ll behave, honest I will 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Finish this coming Thursday until the 5th Jan 🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

Effectively finished, it is silly season on the roads, its like the default setting…not sure what to do, DRIVE!!

geoffj

I’ve got one days work left (tomorrow) which is hardly work – a jolly to Grantown on Spey and then I’m done 😀

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Self employed here and as I’ve just taken two bookings from new customers this afternoon it looks like I’ll be working right up to Christmas Eve which is how I want it to be. May even work on Boxing day if I get an emergency call through as its all money in the bank.

dantsw13

One more flight this year on Friday, to Bermuda, land back on mon 22nd, then off until the NY.

stu170
    Free Member

Last week on call and didn’t get called, week previous to that off and now 4 more weeks off. So 6 weeks for me. Its brilliant, normally like to save all my leave up and use in big chunks, 3 weeks minimum usually

Bregante

For the first time in five years I am off over Xmas and New Year. Working up til late Monday 22nd but I’m then off til 5th January. 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

shooting today and tomorrow, then in Bristol, Dublin and Belfast over the weekend and Geneva on monday. looking forward to christmas so i can sleep. vat return and accounts to do before new year.
    freelance so everyday is a work day but many of them feel like a holiday 🙂

northernmatt

Working until Christmas Eve, then back in the Monday after for a couple of days. First time in 7 years not doing stocktake over Christmas so I can go into work and loaf about instead of doing actual work.

takisawa2

On Friday I finalised my teams time & attendance for the year & realised I should have already broken up. 🙂

So, seeing as the kids are still at School & the Wife is at work, it’s a day of off piste single speedering round Cannock tomorrow, & a rare few hours out on the road bike on Wed.
    Have a few jobs to do, tidy the garage out, finish servicing my lads Junior School bike fleet.
    Probably another few hours Thur & Fri on the bike too.

Happy few days. 🙂

Drac

Lucky sods. I work in retail so working up to 7pm on christmas eve and then back in for 9am on the 26th so christmas day is just my day off in a very busy time. Oh well it pays the bills, just. Spare a thought for shop workers at this time.

Must be nice to be guaranteed Christmas off and only be busy around Xmas.

Kahurangi

2 more days then off ’til June, maybe July.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wed night, but I’ll be working bits and bobs over the entire time I’m off. Not back here till about the 22nd Jan though but also throwing some work in that while I’m away.

Flaperon

Annual proficiency check in the simulator on the 24th, finish at 7.30pm and off for six days. Can’t wait.

peteimpreza

Well said Drac.

Merry Christmas to those who don’t have the choice to work or not.

grum
    Free Member

Got bits of work to do and a session on Thursday evening but that’s pretty much it for me now. 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Working all the way up to & including Xmas morning then off 3 days. Early shift NYE, off NYD. Can’t remember what after that.
    Off to Goa on Jan 23rd to use up 2 of my 8 weeks holidays, wouldn’t want to be off over Xmas unless I had 2 weeks away.

Defender
    Free Member

It’s one of our busiest times of the year, 18th – 22nd are ‘red days’, so our minimum manning goes up to 5 techs per shift, plus a Duty Engineer.
    I finish work at 07.00 on Christmas morning!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Software developer for a manufacturing company. No holiday left until 24th but I do get guarantee of the whole Xmas break off.
    However I’m off at the mo with a combination of (a) manflu and (b) looking after Mrs_d who has manflu on top of chemo.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have starting this week until 8 January 2015 …

In the meantime, how do I use my time productively since I don’t celebrate the pagan ritual nor celebrate in someone’s near death on a cross?

I don’t want to be celebrate someone suffering nor their “nosey” nature of suffering for me. Who have asked you to suffer for me eh?

Really, why do you sadistic lot celebrate someone’s dying on a cross and being tortured?

What is your rationale in the joy of paaaiiinnnn …?

I mean when I advocate brazen bull you lot go ape shite yet you lot rather celebrate someone being nailed to a cross.

However, I would like to join the pagan ritual of nymphs running around the field celebrating in happiness … me wants to join … :mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how do I use my time productively since I don’t celebrate the pagan ritual nor celebrate in someone’s near death on a cross?

blah blah balh

Try enjoying spending time with friends and family, if you fixate on the things you dislike then good luck but you will be miserable.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Try enjoying spending time with friends and family, if you fixate on the things you dislike then good luck but you will be miserable.

Ya, I will definitely enjoy the holiday.

Nahhh … celebrate whatever you like as I am not bothered and it’s none of my business anyway. Ya, just winding you lot up a bit.

However, I must complain if there is no good tv programmes.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘OK, so whose finished work for Christmas then??’ is closed to new replies.