Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ok guys, spec my build!
  • spw3

I know you guys will love this sort of thing.

Ok so I have a few bikes. Each of them has it pros and cons:

Blue Pig HT
    Prophet
    Gemini
    BigHit

As you might imagine the Gemini and BigHit get used the least.

The BigHit in particular is way more bike than I need although it is fun.
    And the Gemini isn’t quite distinct enough from the Prophet to really justify its place in the line up.

I was pondering this yesterday when I *accidentally* bought a SH Knolly Delirium frame off the ‘Bay.

So how should I build it up?

And of course, will I die?

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cannibalise the others, keep 3 bikes. Sell the rest on, split for max dosh of you can be bothered.

benji
    Free Member

Certain death, any minute now.

z1ppy

TBH I had both the Prophet and Gemini, they are quite distinctive but the Prophet was the better bike (for me). Build the Prophet back up, there eminently adaptable, build it light or build it solid, put 140 or 160mm forks on it or shorten the rear shock and run 120mm up front ala Prophet SL, so many options. I only sold mine because I like 29er more, the Gemini is still here because it virtually worthless. I’ll have the last laugh when there are no more 1 1/8 forks for all the other bikes of it’s era.

spw3

Funny. I’d already thought about stripping the Gemini and selling the frame but had decided to hang it on the garGe wall instead. Lots of sentimental value – I’ve had it since 2004 – and it’s surely only worth about £20.

Oh, that and the fact that cable rub on the seat tube has made a certain death trap of course!

Anyone ridden a Delirium?

oliverracing

Is it me or is this a new way of advertising that you have bikes for sale? 🙄

z1ppy

Oh, that and the fact that cable rub on the seat tube has made a certain death trap of course!

Snap, though I’m not sure even if you cut all the way through it would actually make any difference, it’s one solid frame.

wrecker
    Free Member

That delerium needs at least 170 up front, coil both ends. Tough, wide wheels, 1 x 10. I’d go with pro2/flow ex, Marx 55Evo Ti, saint stoppers and drive, CCDB.
    It’s a very big bike and it’s also going to be a lot of fun I bet.

gonzy
    Free Member

i nearly bought one of these just before christmas. if i had bought it i was going to spec it up as a burly AM bike (170mm single crown fork, 1×10, DH wheels)
    this was similar to how the seller had it.

spw3

After the Renton Thread I’m not sure I would dare, even if they were for sale!

Thanks guys. I keep vacillating between seeing just how light I can build it up – there was talk of 34lb builds on mtbr – or beefing the hell out of it and retiring the BigHit.

Fork choice: the garage wall currently has 160mm Lyriks, 180mm Domains, 180mm Totems and 200mm 888s

gonzy
    Free Member

you should go with either the domains or the totems.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ok guys, spec my build!’ is closed to new replies.