Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ok google
  • sadexpunk

just looked back on a thread from over a year ago when i first discovered this, but never fully got my head around it, so going to have another bash now.

i think it would be most use for me in the car, so if its just silently sitting on the top and you want to open maps for satnavving, or answering a phone call, or even ‘open deezer’ to play music.
    im not sure if itll do these things tho from the lock screen.

ive had a play and can get it to do certain things once the screens enabled, but cant get it to wake the phone. can it do this?

also i got it to open deezer, but once open it doesnt respond to any commands to open a playlist/album etc or play anything which defeats the object a bit.
    if someone rings me and the screen wakes and shows who’s ringing, it wont respond to my command to answer it either.

do i need to look deeper into the gubbins, or does it just not do the things id find useful yet?

thanks

slackboy

If you say “open deezer play Johnny Cash*” then it should work. It does for me on spotify.

*it works for other artists too, honest.

bodgy
    Free Member

Try “What did the Fox say?”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

If you have an earpiece connceted, you can press the earpiece button to start it listening without having to open the phone.

You may have a ‘car mode’ in which it might listen for voice commands automatically. Otherwise check Google Now options.

There’s a mode that lets it unlock your screen by recognising your voice. Try that?

sadexpunk

If you say “open deezer play Johnny Cash*” then it should work. It does for me on spotify.

im having some success with that, not every time tho. think it seems to work best if you just do the ‘ok google, open deezer’ first and when its opened ‘ok google, play my tracks from 6 music’ (the name of a playlist).

Try “What did the Fox say?”

er….. it opens a song called ‘the fox’ by Ylvis. er……

If you have an earpiece connceted, you can press the earpiece button to start it listening without having to open the phone.

no earpiece.

You may have a ‘car mode’ in which it might listen for voice commands automatically. Otherwise check Google Now options.

cant find anything thatll do this, ill keep exploring.

There’s a mode that lets it unlock your screen by recognising your voice. Try that?

cant find that, where might it be?

thanks

EDIT: in google/settings/voice/ok google detection, it has ‘from any screen’ and ‘trusted voice’ selected, but ‘while driving’ is greyed out and i cant select it.

Cougar

I was playing with this a little while back, seeing how it worked with a new smartwatch. It did a few things pretty well, then I was trying to get it to navigate to an address in my contacts and it wasn’t having it.

I tried various ways of phrasing it. When I was getting nowhere, out of frustration I said “ok Google, you smell.” A couple of seconds later my watch face lit up with an image saying, full screen, “you smell like poo”. Well, thanks!

molgrips
    Free Member

I think you always have to say ok Google unless it asks you something?

stumpy01

You can set the phone to be listening for OK Google whenever the screen is turned on.

For car stuff….have you installed Android Auto?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

The fox thing is cool. Any others like that?

Riofer
    Free Member

In the car, Android auto is pretty good. Simplified screen buttons and voice control make it easy to make calls, send and listen to messages, set navigation and play music.

sadexpunk

You can set the phone to be listening for OK Google whenever the screen is turned on.

i think im ok with that, it always seems to open ok when the screens on.

For car stuff….have you installed Android Auto?

i hadnt, ive just done it now. without having had a play first, what does that give me?

The fox thing is cool. Any others like that?

still dont get it, whats cool about opening a song that ive never heard of? unless its doing something different for you boys…..

In the car, Android auto is pretty good. Simplified screen buttons and voice control make it easy to make calls, send and listen to messages, set navigation and play music.

so does it do what im trying to get ok google to do? would i start it by waking the phone, then ‘ok google, open android auto’, then use it as i would with ‘ok google’? do i still need to say ‘ok google’ to use voice commands? does the screen stay awake in AA? do you use maps within AA? so many questions, ill have a play with it but itd help if you chaps tell me how youre using it 🙂

thanks a lot

molgrips
    Free Member

itd help if you chaps tell me how youre using it

With an earpiece.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ok google’ is closed to new replies.