• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wl.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ok Giro montaro, Bell Super 3, Endura MT500 or smith forefont?
  • andybrad

So all about the same price. Looking to purchase one tomorrow.

Any advice?

a11y

Big difference is helmet shape (oh err) in those judging by my trial fittings at the weekend. Bell doesn’t suit my bonce but Giros do.

Save a bit and get this?

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/catalog/product/view/id/48687/s/giro-chronicle-mips-helmet-1/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgNrQBRC0ARIsAE-m-1wP2WWKfdCTK2exvnVwmBLsB_2xVmoOBVuJHDMJ8v2g-o3Ntdt-KT4aAtpmEALw_wcB

joebristol

I’ve tried the Bell on and found it a bit heavy / clunky in terms of fit. Looked at the endura and ruled it out on cost grounds. Haven’t been able to find a montaro to try on anywhere.

So I bought a Giro Chronicle Mips for £61. Very light and comfortable when I’ve tried it on – but it won’t get used in anger for a few weeks until I get it for my birthday!

andybrad

i cant try them on (internet you see)

wearing with glasses. Currently have a bell super which isnt quite as comfy as my old 661 recon.

joebristol

The Giro Chronicle seems ok with glasses – a key requirement was prescription Oakley halfjackets fitted under the helmet without any interference- which they do.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve not tried any of the others but I’ve worn my Endura MT500 a few times over the past month and been impressed with it so far. It’s comfortable and not too heavy.
    As with any helmet though, it’ll depend on your head shape. A friend of mine has the MT500 and the shape doesn’t suit them so they don’t use it!

andybrad

thast the big worry and what im thinking is a safe bet with the super3

the mt500 or the montaro are the ones i like though……

nairnster
    Free Member

Just bought a Bell Super 3 after to-ing and fro-ing between other helmets.

The Super 2 didnt fit properly when I tried on but this seems different and was much comfier. It replaced a Fox Flux mainly and feels more substantial but can’t say it feels heavier. I really like it.

jruk
    Free Member

Fit is everything so if order a few and send em back.

I needed a new lid and fancied something different, tried various MIPS giros, bells, TLDs, 661s… None of them fitted just right so went back to a Giro Hex which I know fits. Bit dull but hey, it’s a lump of polystyrene.

The only one that fitted that I didn’t but was a Bontrager Rally (?) because you can adjust where the strap sits under your chin. Bloody stupid idea.

nickc

For me:

Bell, very heavy. the Endura felt cheap IRL and didn’t fit my head anyway. Giro Montana fits nice, has pads that fall apart (on second set in 6 months) other than that, is good.

andybrad

well interestingly theyve put the prices up on black friday!!!!! bugger

Big-Bud
    Free Member

go to shop,your screwing the environment and wasting a lot of other peoples time and money by ordering several and sending them back ,might seem convenient to you but long term prices go up because of this .@jruk

bigbloke
    Free Member

Kask Rex is worth a look one of the most comfortable helmets I have owned.

daver27
    Free Member

ive tried all bar the Endura (but used the previous Endura lids – NOT good)

the forefront is by some considerable margin the best helmet i have ever used. so much so that anyone whos popped mine on their head has gone on to buy one and loves it.

andybrad

sadly / or not ive just ordered the MT500. will see how we go……

wl
    Free Member

I tried a Bell Super, then the Giro Chronicle I tried made the Super feel like wearing a clog – hard, pressure points everywhere, nasty. Don’t think the Chronicle pads disintegrate as fast as the Montaro, and it’s a cheaper lid with much of the same appeal.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ok Giro montaro, Bell Super 3, Endura MT500 or smith forefont?’ is closed to new replies.