• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gee.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Oily rags from where ?
  • oldfart

Running out of old t shirts to cut up , went in a few charity shops today . Seems they all bag up there rags and sell them on which is fair enough . I find t shirts are ideal was going to look on EBay for garage sundries . Anybody got any recommendations ?

ajantom

Old tea towels? My wife is always throwing them away, perfect rag material. I got told off for using some of her old knickers (they had been washed!)

jota180
    Free Member

You used to be able to buy workshop rags at various places but I guess H&S gets in the way these days

This looks cheap enough
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290804288491

Onzadog
    Free Member

Brushed cotton bed sheets.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You want “Blue Roll” – the stuff that they have in the towel machine in the offices.
    Seeing as this place is full of office dwellers…
    Just raid the stores/cleaning cupboard…..

nickdavies

Tend to buy tesco microfibre cloths 5 for a £1.50 for general ragness and use blue roll for fork stuff. Probably buy a couple of rolls and a couple of packs a year. Like wearing my old t-shirts!

averageatbest
    Free Member

Cheap bed sheets, as already mentioned, from fleabay.

teamslug
    Free Member

At work we buy 10kg bags of hospital gowns curtains etc. all washed cotton and lint free. Cost about 12quid a bag iirc

andysredmini
    Free Member

We buy big bags of them at work from the local engineering / hardware shop. They are clothes that have been washed and cut up into pieces. Not sure how much they cost but but I have been told they are quite expensive. I reckon the best place would be a car boot or jumble sale but probably the wrong time of year.

oldfart

They look good Houns !

plus-one

Costco had big bags of cloths for garage/rag use … Could do with some myself 🙂

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_11,cos_11.14,cos_11.14.6/186654

Houns

Its a great shop, never ordered online as they’re not far from me

fullofit
    Free Member

I suggest,get a life

plus-one

Are the “get a life” rags any good though ?

bruneep

The bags of rags we get at work contain a vast number of anti absorbent fabrics.

We had a few bags with complete clothes, shirts, t shirts a couple of dresses. It was like being in a nursery with the dressing up games going on

spooky_b329

We get packs of rags as linked above through work. Over the last year or so we have had various suppliers, every couple of months we get safety alerts as people keep finding needles, blood, safety pins and other nasty things mixed in with them!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ikea were doing small hand towels for 20p a pop so I stocked up as I’ve run out of old bath towels.

gee
    Free Member

Old towels from my parents and granny.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Oily rags from where ?’ is closed to new replies.