Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oil coming out the top of my pikes?
  • krag
    Free Member

I've noticed there's oil leaking out of the blue lock out/damping/motion gate area. It's not loads but it's more than a residual film of oil.

Any ideas what it could be? They're 08 coil 454s.

PJM1974
    Free Member

This is a very common issue with Rockshox forks, a seal in the compression assembly can leak occasionally.

It can be a DIY fix, but for best results send them to TF Tuned who'll modify the seal and the problem won't reoccur.

duir
    Free Member

Yes! Your MC unit and associated seal has failed a very common issue. Mine did that. I sent them back to RS under warranty (24 months I believe) and they took a few weeks to fix them. New MC unit and better seals. No issues since. If you can't wait send them to TF. If you are patient back to RS.

krag
    Free Member

Cor that was quick 🙂

Cheers both, I have a friend who's pretty handy and services all our clubs forks so I'll get hold of the seal and sort it.

doug_basqueMTB.com

You can open it up yourself. I did it and took some pics here: How I Fixed My Leaking Pikes. Having said that they started leaking again after about 3-4months. I think that the seal that I repaired can be upgraded and that TF use a slightly thicker seal which is less likely to leak.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

call BP

elaineanne
    Free Member

psml..BP) lol 😆

krag
    Free Member

Doug: Thanks that's really useful, was about to order the MC kit off TF tuned but if you were able to fix yours I'll have a go first 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oil coming out the top of my pikes?’ is closed to new replies.