Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Oi, Lego, stop it!!!
  • WillH

Ooooh nice, may have to acquire that and store it away for a bit – he’s only four! And obviously it’d need to be tested now and again while in storage, by an experienced builder 🙂

nixie

I’ve got one built up in the lounge, my (also 4yo) daughter loves pushing it around and playing space. The motor driven doors and satellite are very popular however have to keep a close eye on her with those as she doesn’t stop the motor at the end of the travel! Build wise would be way beyond her for the moment though.

scuttler

My old 8860 is currently boxed upstairs in the cupboard. It’s tatty but on a wet afternoon about a year back my mum was in the loft and pulled together all the pieces and re-packaged/boxed them for me to build with my daughter.

#mumsarebrill
    #8860kingoflego

42009 Mobile Crane Mk II currently next to me awaiting either disassembly or display in my to be build extension/study. Maybe it’ll sit alongside 8860.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andysredmini
    Free Member

This was one of my favourites when I was a kid. I saved my birthday, Christmas and paper round money for what seemed like an eternity. It didn’t disappoint.

I also really liked my monorail too. All my lego is still up the loft at my moms and I have promised it my daughter when she is a bit older.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I also really liked my monorail too. All my lego is still up the loft at my moms and I have promised it my daughter when she is a bit older.

I spent an evening with the better half downloading 80s Lego instructions the other night in prep for Jazz jnr graduating from Duplo.

jimdubleyou

I just saw this, and I can’t help but feel it’s overpriced extravagance for 1200 blocks. But, I want it.

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Studio-21050

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

http://www.visitchester.com/whats-on/bricks-in-motion-p188801
    A mate is curator or organiser or something to do with it.

Cougar

This was one of my favourites when I was a kid. I saved my birthday, Christmas and paper round money for what seemed like an eternity. It didn’t disappoint.

Fixed your link. I coveted that also.

gaidong
    Free Member

I was a pirate Lego man myself. Or rather my brother had the pirate stuff and me the soldiers. I re-bought most of it a few years ago between contracts and we finally had our ‘battle royale’ in my mum’s swimming pool. Our other halves and even my children looked on in strict contempt… 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I don’t really get the attraction of lego but I just saw this and thought it might be of interest to folks on here:

Sauce

Klunk
    Free Member

brilliant lego technic for clearing up lego 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Right, thanks to you ne’er-do-wells and your tales of Amazon discounts I’m now the proud owner of a 42050 Drag Racer and a 42037 Formula Off-Roader. Ordered on Saturday morning and delivered today, which will go nicely with my 8417 Superbike 😀

mtbfix

Who needs Lego shuttles? It’s all about spaceships, surely?

Cougar

SPACESHIP!!

I want that so very badly.

kayla1
    Free Member

😆 Spaceship.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk9q9UBnmg[/video]

D0NK

What is very common these days is innovative & imaginative building techniques

this is true, it’s good to see them using old stuff in a new way, but my son’s kits seem to have a lot of bespoke parts. Having said that he’s only got a few kits and it’s been a long time since my own childhood so I guess these “bespoke” parts may be fairly common across the modern range.

ChrisL

ransos – Member
    And as the father of two daughters, I find the gendered nature of the kits – all pink and princesses – to be a bit depressing. Though I note that my girls have much more fun with the bog standard bricks than they do with the kits.

The “girly” kits are a relatively new thing. I gather that Lego were quite open when they were introduced that it was because their existing ranges weren’t selling to girls very well that they introduced such obviously gendered kits.

vinnyeh

Leg Space: Building the Future

This is a great book. Written by the guy who designed the Lego Ideas Exo Suit.

RustySpanner

Introduced the grand daughter to Lego via the Doc McStuffins kid’s TV show spin-offs.
    That was a year ago at two – she still kisses all the characters goodnight and puts them to bed.

She’ll happily play with her six year old nephew’s Star Wars, Creator and City stuff, but the cute characters she recognised from TV played a big part in attracting her attention in the first place.

Technics soon.
    🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Oi, Lego, stop it!!!’ is closed to new replies.