Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Oi DezB (and other folk who like road bikes)
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

After your comment on my Cervelo being “ugly” I decided to build something a little more sleek and stealthy. Apologies for poor quality pic but you get the idea.

This started life as a 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 10. I stripped all the bits off and fitted all the parts off the Cervelo. So it now has an Ultegra 6700 groupset, BRR650 deep drop Shimano brakes, Shimano RS80 carbon laminate wheels, Pro Vibe carbon bars, stem and post plus a San Marco Carbon FX Aspide saddle.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nice, should be ace for racking up the miles, although ‘modern’ tig welded steel road frames leave me cold compared to lugged loveliness.

crikey
    Free Member

You’ve left 7 or possibly 8 leaves lying on the floor. Really….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    finbar
    Free Member

You swapped a Cervelo for that? You must be on crack.

martyntr
    Free Member

What was wrong with the Cervelo ?

lucien

@ Finbar “You swapped a Cervelo for that? You must be on crack.”

Does that help you ride faster then?

loddrik
    Free Member

Why on earth could anyone give a toss if someone else thinks your bike is ugly or not… 🙄

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the Cervelo at all. I had a clear out of bikes and bits to pay for some car repairs. These were the bits that were left so I put them together to build something a little less racy and with clearance for guards.

My thread is a little tongue in cheek, I didn’t care what he thought. The Cervelo frame was sold before his comment.

finbar
    Free Member

@ Finbar “You swapped a Cervelo for that? You must be on crack.”

Does that help you ride faster then?

Well a Reynolds 520 frame won’t ! 😉 I wouldn’t fancy the alu nipples on those wheels for winter riding though…

DezB
    Free Member

Ha! Like road bikes? Moi?! You’ll ruin my reputation. Anyway, I nearly bought one of those Reynolds genesis ones.. I Like it. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Oi DezB (and other folk who like road bikes)’ is closed to new replies.