Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • OHMYGODWHATABEAUTIFULDAYFORABIKERIDE!!!!!
  • TN
    Free Member

We didn’t get out yesterday because the forecast to day was better. Except when we got up this morning it wasn’t. We got sorted anyway any as we took the bikes out it started to rain. Figured that we were ready now so we might as well go – it was utterly grim. Temperature didn’t go above 3°c and it rained for about half of the 90 minutes we were out.
    Still glad we went though.

meehaja
    Free Member

trip to grizedale, first time on a mtb since about oct, perhaps being on a singlespeed with 2 very fit full suss riders was a bad idea, but I kept going. Beautiful day to be in the lakes!

kaesae
    Free Member

It was a lovely day today, saying that it was a nice day yesterday, I’m too tired from riding yesterday to go out today. So I’ve been gazing out the window longingly all day.

Still my new forks should be here in a few days and tue/wed is my next ride day, good to know there are riders getting out and about, any photo’s ❓

doom_mountain

Enjoyed the sun, with some cracking cumbrian singletrack.

I’m so glad spring is here, I just can’t wait until the days get longer!!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Blimey, you lucky sunny so-and-so’s! The Cheshire Riviera was a tad damp today to say the least – and a howling northerly too. 40 wet and cold miles on the road, but the cake stop was well worth it. Feet have just about thawed / dried out now.

Still at least I got a good, wet ride in on the 456 yesterday morning in the Alpine regions of our great county, in the pouring rain and mud (anyone see a pattern emerging here?)

Shouldn’t knock it – it’s good for ducks, gardens and reservoirs. Any bets on when the hosepipe ban will kick back in? 🙂

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Went for an afternoon Reiving. Started out at Keilder dropped over to Newcastleton and then back on a loop. One Scotsman and One Northumbrian on the ride so we could not agree which way the goods and chattels ought to go. Even the cafe was shut on our return. They must have got wind a raiding party was on the way.

##EDIT## dry and sunny although the headwind made the last few miles emotiional..

Dan67
    Free Member

Last race of the Thetford winter series for me today. I came in 35th 2hrs 12mins average of 11.3, 24 miles something.
    Tough muddy race but I enjoyed all of it. 😀

RustyMac

Stunning day in Aberdeen, which made the first bike ride of the year pretty damn fine. The joys of having a recurring chest infection has meant my lungs are still kind of weak but a casual potter along the old railway line was a great way of getting back my lung capacity a little so I can hopefully start cycling to work to build them up good and proper to make the most of summer.

Kease, what forks did you go for in the end?

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Superb day with the boys at Laggan yesterday and even better day with my 8 year old son competing in a “parents and kids” event today… One mile single-track lap and 1hr for as many laps as possible.

Like a baby “puffer”

Great Fun

br
    Free Member

Out before 9 in the North Downs, while a bit wet underfoot we put in 35 miles with no rain – until packing the car…

Best bit of the day, sat in the sunshine with a Minty Lamb Pastie from Peaslake’s shop 😀

Torminalis
    Free Member

C_G, panic not, I crashed, then philc crashed, then TSY got a puncture by which time we were so cold and wet that we went to the pub. Some days you should just stay in bed.

atlaz
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Out before 9 in the North Downs, while a bit wet underfoot we put in 35 miles with no rain – until packing the car…

Best bit of the day, sat in the sunshine with a Minty Lamb Pastie from Peaslake’s shop

You wouldn’t have been sat in the sunshine by the afternoon. I rode in the morning then went out in the afternoon with Mrs Atlaz for a hike and the skies opened. Drove through Peaslake on the way to get a late lunch instead and the riders were filthy and soaked.

cinnamon_girl

Torm – your day could have been better too! Hope you and phil have no injuries?

Of course the root of my problem was that I just couldn’t remove myself from a cozy bed and the only sunshine I saw was on the drive there. I had been riding for around 25 minutes then the heavens opened!

The early bird catches the worm … but I guess it’s character-building or something. 🙄

spacemonkey

Had a cracking ride today, even when fishtailing through some seriously boggy downhill trails on slicks. Rear must have popped out 45deg every couple of seconds on one steppy section. Expected 1hr of rain but got 3hrs. Chose to leave waterproofs at home. Got soaked. Loved it.

psling
    Free Member

Had the full set on the Long Mynd today. Set out dry in sunshine, got soaked by the rain, dried out again by wind strong enough to push you off course, soaked by rain again and then whipped by hail followed by 5 minutes of horizontal snow in turn followed by sunshine to arrive back dry again 8)

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Um, managed 1500 words……… so yeh, grrrr8 day….yipee!

😛 😉

4 mths, just 4 more mths til the pain stops

emma82
    Free Member

WOWITREALLYMUSTHAVEBEENGOODFORYOUTOWRITEALLINCAPITALS!IWENTFORAWALKFORCHARITYTODAYANDITRAINEDALLTHEWAYROUNDTHENWHENWEFINISHEDTHESUNCAMEOUT.RAINSUCKSLOL. Wonder how many people will actually manage/bother to read that. Sorry to disappoint any who do 🙂 Wish I’d gone out on me bike yesterday now.

dawson

was nice and bright here in North Notts when I set off, but then it started raining. Thought to myself ‘it’ll pass’ so carried on, it didn’t.

It then proceeded to absolutely lash it down, I got soaked to the skin and my bare hands got so cold I couldn’t grip the bars properly – 2.5hrs and 25 miles of filthy goodness.

I must be due an awesome summer of riding – i’m certainly paying my dues with the amount of riding i’m doing in sh1tty weather recently.

granny_ring

Lovely day to have been working……. 🙄 lol

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘OHMYGODWHATABEAUTIFULDAYFORABIKERIDE!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.