• This topic has 93 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • ohhh looks what's in the shop…(Warning Full Face content)
  • juan
    Free Member

Nice-astic. I like…

EDIT
    oh bugger not working…

RE-EDIT
    ARGGGGGGGgg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24754492@N03/4423940961/sizes/l/

Andituk
    Free Member

Nice 8)

(you were using the page URL rather than the image)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

TJ will be along to tell you they'll rip your spine out in a crash shortly …

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd rather be spineless than dead!

BoardinBob

I'd rather be dead than TJ

kimbers

i think they are a bit fugly to be honest

GW
    Free Member

is URGE "euro" for UGLY?

Dylan08
    Free Member

OTT look cheap not keen

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prefer the new POC lids, but those look OK.

juan
    Free Member

Boardin bob ROFLMAO

Not that ugly in the flesh.

geetee1972
    Free Member

What's TJ's beef with full face helmets? I've heard other people (non-cyclists) making the argument that helmets don't actually afford any protection but then they also argued that the earth was flat.

Not heard the spine argument before but I have seen what can happen to your jaw in a big off without a full face – kid came off at full tilt on the big berm at Cwmcarn without a FF helmet and damn near ripped his jaw off.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not that ugly in the flesh.

The lid, or TJ…….

cynic-al
    Free Member

POC or nothing.

ojom
    Free Member

al kens it.

POC or not at all.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

TJ also reckons that the smaller your brakes are the better they work.

It's a topsy-turvy world with TJ

juan
    Free Member

POC yeuuurk. Give me italian stuff any time…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gawd you guys take the biscuit. I have repeated the same thing a number of times and people still like to totally distort it to fit their own stupid prejudices..

simply put – a cycle FF helmet has no poly to absorb impact in the front – so does not offer protection against serious frontal impacts and the sticky out chinbar provides leverage which can create rotational forces in an oblique impact which can cause both spinal injuries and diffuse axon injuries. Teh weight is also significant in wiplash type spinal injuries

all this is proven fact. Poc helmets for example are desigend to reduce rotational forces

With a cycle FF helmet you are reducing the chances of a sore / damaged face, possibly reducing the energy of a serious impact slightly and increasing your chances of spinal injury and diffuse axon injury

Quantifying any of these altered risks is impossible with current knowledge.

As for the brakes – the theory and that is all it is is that if you use bigger rotors than you need the bakes never get into the working temp range so you get excessive wear – a theory based on a lot of research.

You see – unlike many on here I like to follow the science not anecdote and surmise and guesswork. Everything I have said here is backed bey real peer reviewed research

Of course – as it goes against the orthodoxy I will be shouted down as a heretic.

brakeswithface

Face first connection at speed with a tree in an XC helmet f***s you up. Trust me. Sore doesn't come into it.

hilldodger
    Free Member

With a cycle FF helmet you are reducing the chances of a sore / damaged face, possibly reducing the energy of a serious impact slightly and increasing your chances of spinal injury and diffuse axon injury

So it helps prevent injuries with a relatively high incidence and may exacerbate injuries with a very low incidence – Would that be a fair summary ?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aww calm down teej, I was only joshing with you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Friend broke her nose wearing a full face, anyone want to hazard a guess what would have been the consequences in an open face?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Broken face?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Juan, would you mind sending me quick email, I'd like to ask you something about the Urge helmets. Cheers

matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member

So it helps prevent injuries with a relatively high incidence and may exacerbate injuries with a very low incidence – Would that be a fair summary ?

That would seem likely but there is no quantifiable evidence that I have found – and broken faces heal better than broken necks.

Edit – anyway lets not go back over the same ground again Anyone actually interested in finding out more e mail me and we can do it off forum.

kimbers

must admit if i had the cash id get a poc helmet the vpd knee shin armour is superb

mmm now comes in funky colours too

higgo
    Free Member

Friend broke her nose wearing a full face, anyone want to hazard a guess what would have been the consequences in an open face?

You'd have seen her in a different light?

Dinner, maybe, followed by a swift introduction to her parents. From there it's a white wedding, kids and a long and happy life together retiring to a cottage by the sea in Wales.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They always say you can't catch a fish that doesn't bite. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You'd have seen her in a different light?

She's climbed into my bed with a friend and offered a threesome before (she knew a diproportionate number of lesbians).

However it is infact possible to be so drunk you have no comprehension of exactly whats happening and turn down the offer!

More anoyingly, I repeated the same mistake a few weeks later!

Stevie
    Free Member

Anyone actually interested in finding out more e mail me and we can do it off forum.

Oooooh-errrrr missus!

backhander
    Free Member

More anoyingly, I repeated the same mistake a few weeks later!

Kill yourself. Now.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

all this is proven fact.

Unless you include references you're still just an angry man on the internet who could just be making stuff up

juan
    Free Member

Oh dear… I just wanted to share that with people on here, as I know some have expected pictures of real life product.
    It feels very light. The fit of the small one is quite snuggy for me (like the small dainese or medium fox rampage).
    In terms of colours, the white matches my LBS logo/jersey. The black matches my bike, can't quite decide maybe I just have to paint the bike to match the LBS jersey/logo 😉

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Hi TJ – I would be very interested to have a browse through your reference list if thats possible? Interested in reading further into it myself. Email in profile if thats preferred

nasher
    Free Member

the guys from alticoop had those last year….

they do look better in the flesh though. and were very light.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL@TJ

juan
    Free Member

Wellnasher says it all. I was wondering to put a link but I'll probably get kicked out of the forum.
    BTW when should I see you? Still up for the 15th of march?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

kenneththecurtain – Member

"all this is proven fact."

Unless you include references you're still just an angry man on the internet who could just be making stuff up

I have done before on the forum. However its really rather dull now as its been done ad nauseum

Want to know the stuff in detail then my email is in my profile

Kitz_Chris – I'll e mail you later on – tea is ready now

juan
    Free Member

tea is ready now

You pikey… It's dinner DINNER not tea, don't you know tea is a drink 😉
    What do they teach to school these days 😉

loco_pollo
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

ridiculous bullshit

Seriously are you mentally ill?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

loco – no – I follow the science.

tandemJeremy
    Of course – as it goes against the orthodoxy I will be shouted down as a heretic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘ohhh looks what's in the shop…(Warning Full Face content)’ is closed to new replies.