Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ohhh I'm quite excited :-D
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This lot arrived on Tuesday,

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/very-cheap-rm-ets-x-and-marzocchi-fork

bearings weren't loose, just siezed/notchy, knocked them out and a new set on the way form BETD for £35 posted

Forks are MXpro's, for £20, bargain tastic! Rebound wasn't stuck, just very stiff, pushed a socket and ratchet onto the end and spun it to the limits a couple of times each way and bounced up and down to check its functioning and and it now just about turns by hand. Hopefuly a quick oil change will lubricate it enough to bring it to life properly.

Silver shiny bits:
    RF Deus cranks
    RF Deus headset
    Controll tech Post

Black bits:
    DT d4.2 wheels
    RF Deus stem
    RF Deus bar

Drivetrain:
    KMC Chain
    X9 shifter/mech
    XT cassette

Tires:
    Conti race king supersonic run tubelees via the gheto electrical tape method.

Brakes:
    Hope-mini-Pro's, the slate gray, carbon levered, titanium bolted, bling ones 😀

Thinking of going 1×9 again as a lightning fast trail bike rather than a XC race bike, anyone got a polished silver chainring? Maybe one of the O-O or surly stainless ones? In 34t?

Total build cost so far.
    £130!

OK thats cheeting a bit, but appart form the headset and bearings everything so far was in the parts box (although I was going to have a clearout soon) so was paid for long long ago 😀 .

bassspine
    Free Member

oooh. That (brand)new(secondhand) bike build feeling. It's better than christmas!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

What an outstanding deal!

Make sure to post up the as-built pics.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dammit!

my seatpost is 27.2mm, I need a 26.8mm

anyone want a brand new, un-used controll tech (A1?) seatpost. The only thing differentt one one still in its box is the decals wiped off when I took it out the box (they realy were that pants!)

And the forks are actualy a metalic silver/gray, and the frames red, the pics don't totaly do it justice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ohhh I'm quite excited :-D’ is closed to new replies.