Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • ohcrapohcrapohcrap!! I just handed my notice in!!
  • stuckinarut
    Free Member

Just handed over the letter I've been sat on for a week. I thought for an awkward moment he wasn't going to accept it.

Now I've got the shakes and feel a bit sick. 😯
    Not looking forward to walking past my boss' desk on my way out tonight, I feel terrible for leaving..

No going back now. Goodbye down south, MSc and Leeds, here I come!

Excited, yet at once bricking it.

Stoner
    Free Member

dont worry.

no one's that important.

🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

well played – i did the same a couple of weeks back, more studying for me as well! 🙂

nuke

Nice one. Bricking it and excitement is one of the best combinations leading to a lovely endorphin/adrenaline rush…get a beer down you and you'll be on top of the world

stuckinarut
    Free Member

There's a lovely bottle of organic cider waiting for me in the fridge when I get home…

unfortunately only the one. I don't think that will suffice on this occasion. 🙂

Christ I'm buzzing. Never done anything quite so reckless – I'm the sensible one.

coffeeking
    Free Member

no longer stuckinarut! 🙂

stuckinarut
    Free Member

no longer stuckinarut!

Too right! 😀
    I'll need a new name.

Roll on September!

ourmaninthenorth

Roll on September!

That's three names, but I like it. Get it changed.

Oh, and good on you for doing it – at a time when people are stressing about keeping their jobs, it takes a brave person to sack theirs off. Chapeau!

john_drummer
    Free Member

when you get up to Leeds, look us up on http://www.northleedsmtb.com

PJ266
    Free Member

Leeds leed special needs?? 😉 thats just for the uni mountain bike team, make sure you join that too, the student champs is brill.

chvck
    Free Member

Nice one, all us cool kids are doing masters starting september 8)

PC as ever there Paul! 😉

uplink
    Free Member

There's a lovely bottle of organic cider waiting for me in the fridge when I get home…

when you're a student, that'll change to

There's a lovely bottle of someone else's White Lightning waiting for me in the fridge when I get home…

chvck
    Free Member

White Lightning…are you posh? It's aaaaaaall about Frosty Jacks!

stuckinarut
    Free Member

oh no uplink, it's been 12 years since my first studentdom. I've become used to a certain standard – not ready to fall *that* far 😉 Gone are the days of seeing how much farm stores bitter it took to get pissed.

chvck wtf is frosty jacks? whatever it is, it can't be good!

I think being a 'mature' student is going to be fun 🙂
    New trails, new riding buddies. Can't wait.

when people are stressing about keeping their jobs, it takes a brave person to sack theirs off. Chapeau!

Cheers omitn 🙂 Brave or daft? But tis only a job, and I've ditched an albeit well-paid and secure software job, for a new direction in something I actually believe in (Conservation). Won't make me rich, but then I've never been financially motivated.

This cider is going down very nicely. and the indian's just arrived. Yay! Today is a good day.

chvck
    Free Member

chvck wtf is frosty jacks? whatever it is, it can't be good!

Well white lightning is cheapo, nasty cider…frosty jacks is cheapo, nasty white lightning!

Nico
    Free Member

This cider is going down very nicely. and the indian's just arrived.

So they've got a replacement in already!

Smee
    Free Member

Jacking a job in is one of the best feelings out there – especially when they dont see it coming.

bionicwoman
    Free Member

well done, i have done it too, strange feeling having no job lined up yet, luckily i am in an economy where there is temp jobs – nursing
    but it feels like a massive load has been lifted off my shoulders!

stuckinarut
    Free Member

Well done to you too bw! 🙂
    I know what you mean about the load off your shoulders! It's a good feeling. bit scary. but good.

Must ride more with the Trolls before I go up north! It's on my list of things to ride before I leave the south. (and I need to get my new jersey off mrs poddy!)

Smee, I'm not that mean 🙂 . I warned them months ago that I was considering it. I think they thought it was a ploy to get more money, so they threw a bonus and share options at me (not that I'm complaining). I think that's why he was shocked when I actually did it yesterday – all they think about is the business and profit and work work work, I don't think they can actually grasp why anyone would give that up… sad really.

slimtubing
    Free Member

good man I did the same 3.5 years ago and am just about to start my last semester of BPlanning, I've had a blast, its flown by and once the builiding trade picks up i'll be getting twice a week what i used to earn. enjoy it, 4 years goes very quickly.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ohcrapohcrapohcrap!! I just handed my notice in!!’ is closed to new replies.