Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • oh what a perfect day
  • jedi

for riding 😀
    for everyone who’s ridden or riding today. ride it like you stole it 🙂

thejesmonddingo

20 miles in the sun,with a pub stop half way,occasoinally the english summer gets it right. 😆

Euro
    Free Member

10 hours of work with no work to do. Money for nothing but i’d rather be riding.

Have fun 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

out with the family – picnic and ticks 😆

Scapegoat

AS I’ve already ridden the last two days Mrs Scape thinks the garden needs attention, or some other such nonsense. Might rush it a bit and sneak an evening ride in though….. 😀

milkyman
    Free Member

baslow and eyam for me, perfect day for riding and its not often we can say that, so I have no intention of riding like I stole it, going to take my time and enjoy every min of it, 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

10 hours of work with no work to do. Money for nothing but i’d rather be riding.

I’m in exactly the same boat 🙁 still have to be in work but there’s bugger all to do so I end up sat on the internet watching riding videos and wishing I was outside! Oh well, Aston Hill on my day off tomorrow 🙂

dannybgoode

Road bike for me later. Not been on it for well over a year so going to get it roadworthy and put a few miles on it.

Can’t wait…

Cheers

Danny B

chives
    Free Member

Laid up with a knackered back – at least the Moto GP’s on.. 😕

1981miked
    Free Member

I was up and out by 08.15am on the road bike, first time for a month as been so busy. 33 miles done is perfect blue skies and a nice warm sun.

I’d have gone further but an 8.5 mile run yesterday has left the legs sore and the knees throbbing! All good thought as I came home to a bacon and egg roll.

Got tooted and gestured at by a moron in a BMW.. I can only assume he wasn’t happy I was on the main road and not the cycle path, but it is a paint to keep up momentum with all the road you have to cross and it is littered with puncturable debris. Some clown in an Astra also passed with about 0.5 metres clearance… Tube! I gave him a not so friendly gesture to show my gratitude. Good ride tho.

That’s all folks.

Euro
    Free Member

I’m in exactly the same boat still have to be in work but there’s bugger all to do so I end up sat on the internet watching riding videos and wishing I was outside! Oh well, Aston Hill on my day off tomorrow

An empty Aston Hill i bet 😀

I brought in a copy of Cloud Atlas and Lincoln to watch (caught up on 6 episodes of Game of Thrones yesterday), should see me right til home time, then it’s a quick dinner and a few hours building and riding.

saxabar
    Free Member

Ace run around the Penmachno loops this morning. First time I’ve had the full suss there for a long time. Top morning. 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

Just taken microbits out on the front of the mountain bike for a quick 13 miles, grab a bite now off to MiL’s house for a nice roast. It’s 25miles away so have got the road bike out ready to go!

Drac

Still on nights but up as I got hungry, very tempted to go for a spin but I know I’ll bonk out after a few miles.

cakefacesmallblock

Did about 18 miles on local trails in the sun yesterday.
    Mrs. CFSB is away for a few days with our daughter, so overdid things at the pub last night and had planned on cleaning the bike and sitting reading in the garden.
    Just cleaned the bike and to be honest don’t feel hungover at all, so just about to go out riding for a couple of hours. Happy days.

geologist
    Free Member

Im currently drinking champagne in the business lounge in Heathrow awaiting my 2 week jolie to the states on behalf of my company. BUT, my mates are riding the gap route today, and id rather be there!

andypandy85
    Free Member

Perfect day to fettle the hardtail and my DH rig ready for a week in Wales with mates, and a couple of days coaching at Antur with The Don, all paid for by work, naturally!

aP
    Free Member

85k today, with 2,000m of climbing on the road bike. Snow line was at 2,200m with snow being blown into my face, and up to 2m at the side of the road at 2,700m. Finished with a 1,500m descent and pasta’n’bier so that was nice.

MoreCashThanDash

First longish ride in a month since my L4 & L5 vertebrae decided to jam up – 37 miles on the road bike being overtaken by pretty much everyone else under the age of 90.

Was nice to feel the sun. Not so nice to feel that wind.

Was also nice to see that the café at Stenson Lock has had a bit of a freshen up, and still gets it’s cakes from Costco 😀

scandalous
    Free Member

perfect riding conditions on Friday and Saturday morning.

will be chasing the sunset tonight!

dantsw13

41k this morning, shaking down the new 1×9 drivetrain on my Heckler, so completely the wrong bike for a mix of road and Bedgebury, but hey!!

woody21
    Free Member

Yep good day – 18 miler from Bakewell up to Stoney Middleton via Edensor, Pilsley, Hassop and Longstone Edge

martymac

3 of us did 22 miles in the dark last night, was lovely evening, 6C when we got home though, i was slightly underdressed for that, my bare arms were frozen.
    brilliant though.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Anglesey Lanes Audax today – 102km. Hot, sunny, great scenery, and a crazy maze of lanes! Lots of happy, smiley, chatty people. And cake … lots of cake!

One of those days that just makes you grin from ear to ear 🙂

Riding bikes is ACE!

allthepies
    Free Member

30 miles of Surrey goodness, even the dog attack midway through hasn’t spoilt it 🙂

colournoise

5 minutes in the conservatory on the turbo. First time on a bike of any sort for 6 weeks. Knee felt weird but no real pain so that must be a good ‘ride’.

qwerty
    Free Member

At 07:30 on my commute home through some charming Cotswold countryside I could feel the warmth of the sun, which was magic. Got home and fed some ducks with my son who paid us a flying visit. Currently listening to Massive Attack but about to down an espresso and head back on my 12.5 mile quiet country lane commute in gorgeous sunshine. Perfect.

trailhound
    Free Member

Why can’t I get out on the bike? Second beautiful weekend in a row, spent the last 1 in the pub and although had a wedding on Friday and was a bit tender yesterday, thought I might get a few miles in today, but no – even got the bike out the shed but just didnt feel like it. Starting to wind myself up now, anyone else been like this?

Tom83

Was down the skate park on the bmx for 7 this morning. Had it to myself, no one else about, perfec’.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Amazeballs riding today 😆

Rosss
    Free Member

Who decided exam season should be right in the middle of British summer time – Work, Revision, Work. Absolute joke!

Enjoy it everyone

jag61

great day out to holmefirth caf stop and home 65k tired now as did 45k with mrs g on sat all on road bikes mtb still dead 😥

rOcKeTdOg

311 miles this week, gotta love annual leave! 25 miles today, beer in the sun but you forgot one thing Jedi

windowshopper
    Free Member

30 beautiful miles around Cheshire on my first road bike for ~20 years. Pub lunch at half way was the icing on the cake.

And despite me wearing baggies and a camelbak, even the roadies gave a cheery hello. 🙂

Alex

311 miles! Good effort. Managed about 200ks one week this month and thought that was going some. London this weekend (340 mile round trip) to take my eldest to Green Day gig (which was awesome!), but loads of time to zip out for a couple of CX bike hours.

London’s nice and everything, but it’s not real life is it 🙂

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Not today, but off tomorrow. Trails should be nice and dry!

Sandwich

76 miles mostly off-road today around the Deben. Ice-cream at Tangham was good and the café stop at Felixstowe Ferry too. Got told off for being out all day by SWMBO when I returned.

philbert31
    Free Member

I was out yesterday over Fremington edge, it was torturous but I loved every minute of it! 🙂

iainc

3 sunny dusty laps of cathkin this morning blew away the red wine hangover and just back in from a 25 mile jaunt round the quiet back roads. Superb 🙂

Jamze

Yes, perfect. Early evening spin up to see the tank on the Downs. Lovely 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘oh what a perfect day’ is closed to new replies.